Hunting GPS Digital Maps

Posted By: Moose1am

Hunting GPS Digital Maps - 01/15/2014 03:57 PM

Anyone have the Indiana Map Card from this company

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/

And if you have one how to you like it.
Posted By: Moose1am

Re: Hunting GPS Digital Maps - 02/14/2016 07:02 PM

I've got that card. It's OK and shows the property lines and the owner's name but not the address or phone number. And it's not easy seeing the text for the name on my Garmin as the screen is small as compared to a computer screen. I have one of the expensive $600 Garmin Montana 650T GPS units with a little bit larger screen. If you are out walking this is great but if you are trying to drive a car and look at the map at the same time it's a little bit harder.

And the data is fixed at a certain time. Changes in ownership are not shown on the card. This company has not update the IN card since I purchased it two years ago IIRC. So the land may have changed hands since I bought the card.

You can still buy a property map from your local government for your county and combine the two. Some counties in IN are not shown as the county officials in some counties don't have the date in digital form or something like that. But IIRC there were only a couple of counties that didn't have the land owners names and data.

The map shows the Hoosier National Forest Property OK.

It's the best thing out there right now. I really should have used it more but I've not hunted much this past year or two.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Hunting GPS Digital Maps - 02/15/2016 06:49 AM

Thanks for the review
Posted By: SFC (R) B

Re: Hunting GPS Digital Maps - 10/03/2017 03:18 PM

If you are coming west I can't recommend the OnX Maps chip/download enough. Lots of weird property lines and checkerboard stuff out here where it will save your bacon.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting