Home

Anyone own new Scentblocker/RainBlocker?

Posted By: cbultemeier

Anyone own new Scentblocker/RainBlocker? - 10/27/2009 10:16 PM

Does anyone out there have a new set of Rain/Scentblocker clothes? I splurged on a set 3 years ago and have been thoroughly disappointed in the the rain suit. I could stay just as dry with with a mesh mushroom bag. It leaks through every seam, stitch, or surface that the water lands on. I spent more $ on this suit than all the suits combined prior to this. The ONLY reason I spent this kind of money was that I thought it would be a quality, multifunctional suit. To be honest, I could have purchased a set of Base Layer's and a good Frogg Toggs suit (which is what I have done and been way ahead of where I am now. I was just wondering if they have improved these suits at all since I purchased mine.

The other issue that upsets me about Scent Blocker is the inabality to purchase a replacement carbon liner. If any of you are like me- I don't intend on spending this kind of money every couple of years just to have a good carbon liner. Fortunately, I have been pleased with the results of the carbon suit. I can honestly say I have seen more deer downwind in the last 3 years than I did the previous 20 years combinded.

Anyway, enough of my soap box I was just wondering if ScentBlocker has improved upon their ability to make a waterproof suit. Also, If anyone knows of an outlet to purchase a replacement liner please let me know.
Posted By: salt

Re: Anyone own new Scentblocker/RainBlocker? - 10/28/2009 06:49 AM

You spend too much time typing and not enough time hunting! Get out there and score us some points!
Posted By: cbultemeier

Re: Anyone own new Scentblocker/RainBlocker? - 10/29/2009 12:52 PM

Go ahead and lip off since you're kick'n our butts this year. You know, I'm not the one making 25 replies a week on this site. And by the way, my back is still sore from last year. I thought I was going to need back surgery.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting