Home

Over-the-Calf Socks

Posted By: RedLab

Over-the-Calf Socks - 10/26/2008 08:02 PM

I wear boots most of the time and have constantly had socks that were always ending up around my ankles. I have finally found a sock that stays up, wears well, and has a Stay dry feature. They are the over the calf socks made by Starter. The only place I have found them was at the Muncie Wal Mart. Try them if you can find them- I'm sure you will be happy with the results.
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Over-the-Calf Socks - 11/07/2008 11:28 AM

I hate that rubber boots seem to pull them down. I will look for those.

Re: Over-the-Calf Socks - 11/07/2008 09:08 PM

I wish someone would have told me about them earlier. Good Luck.
Posted By: Derslayer1

Re: Over-the-Calf Socks - 01/20/2009 04:25 PM

Speaking of socks, I was at basspro today since I was in the area. I was lookin for some more wool socks and came across Redheads lifetime guarantee socks. 88% lambswool, 2% spandex, 10% stretch nylon. If unsatisfied in ANYWAY, RETURN FOR REPLACEMENT. Holes, wont stay up with snug-fit elastic on top, or anything. A tad salty, 9.95 a pair but they feel great on the dogs, and I like the guarantee, from a respectable company....Redhead. We will see how they fare, cuz I,m heck on socks...
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Over-the-Calf Socks - 01/20/2009 05:45 PM

Might have to try those.

Best sock I've found for warm feet, are the Smartwool Hunter Extremes. (come with the black liner sock) Unbelieveable difference!

Re: Over-the-Calf Socks - 05/15/2009 11:39 PM

In my continual quest for the perfect sock I have found a new candidate. Browning makes an over the calf sock in both a white and gray color. I have found the gray to be most comfortable with less tightness on the leg just below the knee. I found these at the Muncie Rural King.
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Over-the-Calf Socks - 05/16/2009 10:21 PM

My pick for cheap long lasting and comfortable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-PAIR-POLAR-EX...%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A4|294%3A50

less than $5 buck a pair
bought them in bulk last year under 4
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting