Home

Homemade Corned Venison

Posted By: hornharvester

Homemade Corned Venison - 12/22/2015 11:14 AM

This is one of the 2 neck roasts cut off the buck from this year and cured in a brine made of 2qts water, 1/2 cup of pickling salt, 1/4 brown sugar, 2tsps of curing or pink salt and 2TBS pickling spice. This sat in a covered container in a 40degree temp fridge for 7 days. I injected the meat with brine the first two days.

After 7 days I rinsed the meat off, trussed it up to keep the finished product together, then smoked it 3 times with hickory chips. My smoker doesn't hold many chips, about 1/2 cup and this last about 1/2 hour. The smoker is a digital Master built. Temp was 200 degrees for 12 hours.

I smoked it 6 hours and 3 smoke cycles then wrapped the meat in foil so it would not dry out, then cooked it another 6 hours. Stuck the meat in the fridge overnight to harden and sliced it this morning and it tastes fantastic! It has the texture of corned beef and a hint of the pickling spices, good stuff! I plan to run it through my slicer and use it to make sammies! h.h.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Homemade Corned Venison - 12/22/2015 03:24 PM

looks good. Might have to try this in my daniel boone smoker!!
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Homemade Corned Venison - 12/22/2015 07:38 PM

Dang, that looks good!
Posted By: tattoo

Re: Homemade Corned Venison - 12/22/2015 08:10 PM

That looks good. I may have to try that.
Posted By: Luke the Provider

Re: Homemade Corned Venison - 12/31/2015 11:52 AM

DANG THAT LOOKS GREAT
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Homemade Corned Venison - 12/31/2015 02:05 PM

FYI, next time I will cut the salt in half and make more.......sammies dont last long made with this stuff. laugh h.h.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting