Home

Homemade Deer Bologna

Posted By: hornharvester

Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/19/2014 12:10 PM

Mixed up the recipe for venison bologna today, (Not summer sausage)stuffed the casing and cooking it off in a water bath. Recipe makes 10 lbs but mine came out to 11 1/2 lbs. Smells just like good bologna.

[Linked Image]

After stuffing Im cooking in a water bath at 180 degrees until it reaches an internal temp of 155 F. Got a digital temp gauge stuck in the end and a thermometer in the water to control temps. Cant wait until its done! h.h.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/19/2014 12:35 PM

Mmmm, make me a sammich h.h.
I'm HONGREE! laugh
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/19/2014 02:18 PM

No kidding! Recipe please?? smile
Posted By: Cornfed

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/19/2014 02:32 PM

Sounds great, HH.

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/19/2014 03:48 PM

Lets see, do you guys want one or two sammy's? What fix'ns you want on them??.... smile wink

Recipe is here http://www.sausagemaker.com/bologna.aspx

I used venison instead of beef and a water bath instead of a smoker. I added 3 Tablespoons of Wrights Liquid Smoke since I didnt smoke it. If you decide to try this word of caution is do small batches in the food processor. The water bath keeps the outside rind from getting hard and makes a better finished product. Ive got a slicer and will post up some pic's tomorrow of the finished slices....h.h.
Posted By: bean

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/19/2014 10:54 PM

Never had it.

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/20/2014 10:49 AM

Sliced one of the rolls today and made a sammich.......I put on a couple slices of home made dill pickles, a slice of garden tomato and mayo....very good tasting! Next time I will add a some more spice and a little more smoke. h.h.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Homemade Deer Bologna - 09/20/2014 12:56 PM

Looks tasty!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting