Home

Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe

Posted By: animalhouse

Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/12/2014 10:55 PM

I used Four Roses Small Batch bourbon rather than Wild Turkey. Good stuff!

Ingredients:

1 wild turkey breast (or domesticated turkey breast)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup Wild Turkey bourbon
2 Tablespoons spicy deli mustard
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Canola oil for frying
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon minced parsley

Preparation:
Remove the skin from the wild turkey breast and discard. Slice the meat crosswise into strips about 1/2 inch wide and 1 inch thick. Wash the meat and pat dry.

Place the honey in a medium micro-safe bowl and heat on High for 1 minute. Whisk in the bourbon, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Pour this marinade into a large freezer ziptop bag. Add the turkey breast strips, squeeze out the air, and seal. Toss to completely coat the meat and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Whisk together flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, thyme, basil, onion powder, and garlic powder. Place mixture into a new dry ziptop freezer bag.

Remove turkey breast strips from the marinade and shake off excess liquid. Place the strips into the bag with the seasoned flour. Seal and toss to coat strips.

Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a heavy skillet. Fry turkey strips until golden. Do this in batches in order not to crowd the pan. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and minced parsley and serve hot.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/13/2014 07:40 AM

sounds awesome. I am going to try it with a breast I have frozen.

2 years ago I visited and toured the distillery when I was in KY. Had the chance to run into Jimmy Russell and shake his hand.

http://www.wildturkeybourbon.com.au/jimmy-russell-biography/
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/13/2014 08:08 AM

Gonna have to run to Krogers and get me a turkey breast first..LOL!! Sounds yummy!
Posted By: BC_Huntress

Re: Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/18/2014 07:20 PM

I'm looking for a really good walleye recipe! I can't get a new forum started so I just posted here. Any help would be great!! Thanks!
Posted By: gundude

Re: Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/18/2014 07:41 PM

Originally posted by Weedhopper:
Gonna have to run to Krogers and get me a turkey breast first..LOL!! Sounds yummy!
X2.. gezz. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/23/2014 02:30 PM

BC_Huntress...you cant get a new forum started?
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Wild Turkey Wild Turkey Recipe - 05/23/2014 04:09 PM

Originally posted by BC_Huntress:
I'm looking for a really good walleye recipe! I can't get a new forum started so I just posted here. Any help would be great!! Thanks!
Roll them in breading mix of your choice and fry them until crispy and golden brown. Not much better eating that that. I personally like either Drakes, Shore Lunch cajun season batter mix. h.h.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting