Home

Cat Tails

Posted By: Charlie...

Cat Tails - 07/02/2015 01:46 AM

A friend has a pond that is getting over run with cattails. We sprayed 24 gals. of ShoreKlean 4oz./1 gal water. Got about 25 burn. We took a step ladder into them to spray, waded and sprayed inside, walked the bank and sprayed it. Sprayed one shore to kill off small willow trees starting. Going to contact the seller RuralKIng. What could we hqve do wrong for it not to work?
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: Cat Tails - 07/02/2015 03:34 PM

You need to wait for the cattails to get the "heads " on them before spraying. In spring and early summer the plant gets nourishment from the atmosphere, once it blooms(the head) it starts to send nutrients back to the root system. August thru September is prime time to spray. Use the ShoreKlean PLUS or you will need to add a Suffectant to get it to stick.

We goit over a 705 kill just from the bank spray last year using this method and will get the remainder VERY soon. We already have several plants with the heads on them.

Once they dry out just hit them with a match and watch them burn!

Re: Cat Tails - 07/05/2015 12:30 AM

There are some with heads now. I have heard dish soap will work as a suffectant ?
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: Cat Tails - 07/05/2015 09:32 PM

dish soap works, WAIT until you are sure ALL the plants have bloomed. You can be too early, hard to be too late.

Re: Cat Tails - 07/06/2015 12:34 AM

Thanks
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Cat Tails - 07/06/2015 08:57 AM

I use Dawn dish soap as a surfactant when spraying any weed killer. It doesn't take much to get the job done, about half a teaspoon per gallon. h.h.

Re: Cat Tails - 07/06/2015 11:48 PM

Thanks everyone smile

Re: Cat Tails - 07/07/2015 03:27 PM

My bad looking at the jug it is ShoreKlean Plus with surfactant. Getting another gal. sent to me and will retry in a couple weeks.
Again thanks everyone
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting