Home

Best Place to Buy Sonar?

Posted By: Steiny

Best Place to Buy Sonar? - 03/24/2008 08:39 PM

Anyone know where is the most economical place to buy Sonar? That stuff works great, but man it about breaks the bank at $189 a pint.

Anyone know a cheaper source?
Posted By: gundude

Re: Best Place to Buy Sonar? - 03/25/2008 08:10 AM

Fill me in Steiny. What does that stuff do?
Posted By: RoadKill1948

Re: Best Place to Buy Sonar? - 03/25/2008 10:36 AM

That does seem expensive, but maybe like the window salesman says "you'll pay for these windows whether you buy them or not", implying there isn't a cheaper solution in the long run. Where are you getting it at that price?
Posted By: Steiny

Re: Best Place to Buy Sonar? - 03/25/2008 07:20 PM

Bought it at "The Pond Guy", they've got a website and a catalog. Best deal I've found.

I can't give you a scientific explanation Gundude, but a couple years ago my 1 acre pond was filling up with weeds growing from the bottom. Copper sulfate and such didn't work, talked to some friends, bought $600 worth (3-8oz containers) of Sonar and it cleaned them out good.
Just picked up a new place with a small pond that has heavy weed growth, so I'm gonna nuke it pretty soon, before they get started strong.

Good stuff ! Just dump it in the pond anywhere and it will clean the whole pond in time. No adverse effect on the fish either.

For floating algae I use Cutrine (spelling?) based on Roger's advice from a couple years ago and that stuff does the trick pretty good, spray applied right on the algae mats.
Posted By: Free-Loader

Re: Best Place to Buy Sonar? - 04/06/2008 05:02 PM

Man thats cheap. We sell it for around $300-$350 and so does Aquatic Control. If you can find it under $200 somebody is losing money.
Posted By: Free-Loader

Re: Best Place to Buy Sonar? - 04/11/2008 10:03 PM

I saw that site. That was for 8 ounces. The price is right.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting