Home

hovey

Posted By: duck

hovey - 12/20/2019 01:05 AM

how come you have to have more than 1 person to draw for a spot at hovey lake. i recently retired and been waiting fo 50 years for this to be able to hunt and fish whenever i want. went there to try and draw for a place i could walk in and they told me i could not sign up with just 1 person. what a crock of shit . whats everyone opion about this. everybody in that room puts there pants on the same way i do. i think its discrimanating
Posted By: sticksender

Re: hovey - 12/20/2019 01:05 PM

The rules for Hovey (link below) allow you to hunt as a party of 1, but parties of 2 and 3 are given preference. Seems to be a reasonable way to give the most opportunity on a very limited public property that's high in demand.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-Hovey_Lake_Waterfowl_Hunting.pdf

Posted By: Moose1am

Re: hovey - 12/22/2019 09:11 PM

I hunted at Hovey's back in the early 1970s. Even back then they gave preference to parties of 3. You may wish to make some friends and invite them to go hunting with you at Hoveys in order to get a better chance to hunt there. I know it sucks to get up at 3 am and drive to Hoveys and not get a blind or a chance to hunt. But it's been that way for the last 40 years.

If you find some buddies just make sure that you get them to row the boat out to the blind in the moring and you row back at the end of the hunt. That way you won't be all sweaty while you sit in the blind. When you row back to the ramp you can start the truck and have a warm truck to ride home in. LOL
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting