Home

FNG

Posted By: kfrancis

FNG - 05/03/2015 09:24 PM

Hey all, thanks for having me. I am new to this forum and new to the state of Indiana. Waterfowling is my first love in the outdoors but also like to upland and big game hunt. I am coming from a great hunting area here in the Sunflower State of Kansas.

I am stationed at Camp Atterbury and train reservists and National Guardsmen. I belong to an organization called The Fallen Outdoors. With me being in Indiana this will be the 38th state that we have a team in. I would like to expand the team here so check us out on FB and let me know if its something you want to be a part of. What The Fallen Outdoor's mission is, is getting vets, and current Soldiers out into the marsh, woods or out on the water to share with them a great pastime and possible 'outdoor therapy' to deal with some of the issues they may have.

Once I get the lay of the land and figure out the spots I want to take as many veterans into the outdoors with me as I can, so if you know any vets or Soldiers that would be interested in heading out let me know. Or if you would be interested in hosting a service member or Vet on a hunting trip or fishing trip that would be beneficial as well, wanting to get a network up and running. Moderator, I apologize if this post is inappropriate. Can't wait for Season!
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: FNG - 05/03/2015 09:32 PM

Welcome to the site and welcome to the great state of Indiana... Despite what you may of heard the past several months on the news, we are not a backwards or a hick state...

There are lots of public ground in the area to hunt in and take veterans to hunt in... Thank you for doing this for our veterans and thank you for your service because without you and other veterans, we would not be able enjoy the freedoms that we have...

Re: FNG - 05/04/2015 02:44 PM

Bryan, thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to Colts games and maybe taking in the Indy 500. I love rural areas and feel more comfortable in small towns. Franklin was a compromise, no pre-dertmined notions here!
Posted By: Den57

Re: FNG - 05/04/2015 06:08 PM

Welcome neighbor!!! PM sent
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: FNG - 05/04/2015 06:33 PM

welcome!

You will find some EXCELLENT hunting at Atterbury JMTC side.

Re: FNG - 05/04/2015 08:19 PM

Thanks Dennis and 76 Chevy, looking forward to this assignment and building relationships with fellow outdoorsmen in the Hoosier State.
Posted By: whitetaildave24

Re: FNG - 05/07/2015 06:12 PM

I'm right down the road from atterbury myself. If I can be if any assistance to you just let me know.

Re: FNG - 05/11/2015 01:07 PM

Thanks Dave, appreciate it, haven't gotten a chance to take a look at the FWA but hope to here shortly.
Posted By: johnc911

Re: FNG - 06/06/2015 01:23 AM

Originally posted by kfrancis:
Bryan, thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to Colts games and maybe taking in the Indy 500. I love rural areas and feel more comfortable in small towns. Franklin was a compromise, no pre-dertmined notions here!
Dont "maybe" taken in the Indy 500 DO IT !! Next year 100th anniversary its gonna be a great month of may !! Welcome !!

Re: FNG - 06/07/2015 11:53 AM

Thanks John, yeah I missed out this year, but next year definitely will do it.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting