Home

Spring Snow Goose Outfitter

Posted By: Circle M

Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/02/2015 10:28 AM

Any suggestions and/or recommendations regarding an outfitter in the Southern Illinois or Eastern Missouri? I need to shoot something!
Posted By: Steiny

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/02/2015 04:15 PM

Did this several years ago right across the river from Missouri in Nebraska and had a blast. Our group shot 45 geese in 1-1/2 days of hunting, however I can't give you an outfitter referral as our guy no longer does it.

I get a mailer every year from and outfitter called www.huntupnorth.com but can't vouch for them or know anything about them. Might be a place to start?
Posted By: delaney

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/02/2015 09:35 PM

Neu Outdoors is who we've been using for a long time. He is in SE Missouri now guiding out of Dexter. Quite a few guys from Indiana down here hunting with him. The hunt has been tough the last two days because of terrible rain yesterday and cautious birds today. We scratched out 35 today from a field that took 85 yesterday. We saw thousands of birds and had a couple thousand throughout the day take a look at us. Same with most of the fields today. Good time though. his number is 1-877-860-7663.

www.neuoutdoors.com
info@neuoutdoors.com
Posted By: fowlattitude1

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/04/2015 01:27 AM

Matt Kostka
3760 Blossom St
Rochester, MN, 55901
www.topgunguideservice.com
507-696-0208
Top Gun Guide Service Inc.
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 08:43 AM

So what do you do with all those birds? Who cleans them all?

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 11:59 AM

Usually there is someone who will take the the birds. The outfitters use a bird hitch blade that leaves the breast and wings on the for transport. Last year when we shot 167 on the first day, local farmers took all of them. We filled out the necessary forms that enabled them.
Posted By: fowlattitude1

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 02:25 PM

we always clean ours, some motels have freezers they allow us to use until we're ready to go home, then pack the breast in dry ice and there still froze when we get home!

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 05:55 PM

W sometimes use heavy grade garbage bags and sply put the geese in them with a bag of ice and it's amazing how cold it will be the meat. I then fillet the breats out when i get home. You legally have to leave a wing attached for transport.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 09:08 PM

Are they any good? Comparable to...??? confused
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 09:35 PM

Originally posted by Weedhopper:
Are they any good? Comparable to...??? confused
Dry cooked liver......

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 02/06/2015 10:43 PM

Marinate the crap out of them, smoke them for a couple hours in low heat, not so bad. Eat them straight up, not so good. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Crazy Goose

Re: Spring Snow Goose Outfitter - 08/09/2019 08:14 PM

Quinton Tait
Tiger Hills Outfitting
tho@tigerhills.ca
Tigerhills.ca
Saskatchewan
306 941 7676
First class operation and knows how to bring in all types of waterfowl including snow geese!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting