Home

Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!!

Posted By: SFC (R) B

Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!! - 12/17/2014 12:13 AM

So, in the last 24 hours I have been a very blessed man and given that I always get down around the holidays it was a nice pick me up. First, I get home last night and open an email from a group that does hunts for Vets and found out that I had been picked. I will be hunting waterfowl and upland in Oshkosh, NE the second week of JAN. I have only been bird hunting twice (waterfowl once) and am excited, especially to work with the dogs. Have any of you hunted around there? What should I expect?
Riding the high from that I went into the gun shop today to pick up the Browning I bought on sale (the post I made earlier). When I came in the door the owner, Laura, asked if I had gotten my phone message. Last weekend I was up at Keystone training soldiers and when I returned my lil one told me that they had called. I told her yes and that it was about my pistol coming in, right? She said "No, YOU WON!". At that point I remembered that I had brought in non-perishable food and entered a drawing when I had ordered the pistol. The drawing was in honor of a longtime customer who had passed on. They collected food for a food bank and in turn are giving a Browning a day for the 12 days of Christmas. Guess what I won......yep another BuckMark This one is the Stainless model. So, as you can see, a pretty great 24 hour period. I am truly thankful.
Posted By: Steiny

Re: Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!! - 12/17/2014 08:10 AM

Congrats ! Have fun.
Posted By: Jimmy Buffett

Re: Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!! - 12/17/2014 12:32 PM

That is awesome!! I hope your great fortunes continue for you!!!
Posted By: Bucks n Ducks

Re: Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!! - 12/20/2014 09:56 AM

Merry Christmas to you! Congrats on the pistol and more on the hunt! I hope you have a hunt of your lifetime!
Posted By: delaney

Re: Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!! - 12/20/2014 11:34 AM

Good stuff. Congrats.
Posted By: fowlattitude1

Re: Early Christmas for Ol Sarge!!! - 01/02/2015 12:18 AM

That's awesome! Congrats!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting