Home

ducks....

Posted By: gundude

ducks.... - 11/30/2013 10:05 AM

I hunted this morning in sight of my lake... I could see mallards coming in with wings cupped!.. the lake had a few spots with no ice on it and they pitched in right there!... there must have been 20 of them! I need to keep the hole open!... I've got the fever!
Posted By: Hanes

Re: ducks.... - 11/30/2013 12:42 PM

Scouted this morning and found a few mallards and a goldeneye and some doves. Going to give it a try tomorrow. Central zone is about over. Also found a big group of geese on public but they had a Muscovy with them and I've got to check the regs
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: ducks.... - 11/30/2013 02:05 PM

saw a bunch of mallards on public water today...I might have to get a duck stamp and HIP number and plug the old 870 and go shoot some!!!
Posted By: Kyle E

Re: ducks.... - 12/02/2013 07:06 AM

we shot a pintail and two black ducks and several mallards, plus a mallard/pintail cross this weekend
Posted By: twthomas

Re: ducks.... - 12/02/2013 05:20 PM

Gundude,

Do you hunt from the bank or from a boat?

I am looking to learn waterfowl. I am retiring from the Army this year and want to up my hunting from Turkey and Deer to include ducks. Problem is I really just want to stick to bank hunting.

Interested in teaching me some stuff?
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: ducks.... - 12/02/2013 06:50 PM

Find some dry fields near water, I shoot a lot of ducks in fields.

Re: ducks.... - 12/03/2013 06:31 AM

Let me get some knots untied and I'll work with ya.

Re: ducks.... - 12/05/2013 06:53 AM

This weather ought to push the ducks down!
Posted By: delaney

Re: ducks.... - 12/05/2013 09:29 AM

I'm hoping. It's going to be an interesting weather weekend.

Re: ducks.... - 12/05/2013 09:37 AM

Keep a hole open... insert a half dozen deeks and tada you have birds if you build it they will come! Lol.. a trolling motor works great to keep the hole open! If your near a corn field as well your in the money! Well it looks good on paper anyway...
Posted By: delaney

Re: ducks.... - 12/05/2013 09:57 AM

Public draw at Stillwater this weekend on Sunday. Dang thing might be froze by then but if its not snowed in I might go sit for an afternoon for the heck of it. The wife is thinking turkeys though.
Posted By: Alex

Re: ducks.... - 03/25/2020 03:04 PM

Good mo, I've found duck decous for hunting
I would like to listen your opinion about madhunt dolls. Because I bought it not enough time ago, and it's interesting to learn something about minuses of this product
But My first impression that this is very qualitative decoys
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting