Home

Birds were working Friday morning!

Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Birds were working Friday morning! - 11/03/2013 09:16 AM

Had a good shoot Friday morning, had our 2 man limits of ducks and geese by 9:30!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: delaney

Re: Birds were working Friday morning! - 11/03/2013 04:43 PM

That's a very nice haul. It sure would be nice to have birds comes from the north instead of having to hunt the local birds. My wife and I checked out a spot today, public, and the geese (a lot of them) paddled over towards us. We weren't hunting but geez, how the heck can I justify "hunting" them anytime! A bit frustrating.
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Birds were working Friday morning! - 11/03/2013 06:26 PM

Congrats wish I could find some in a field but won't do that till late Dec probably

Re: Birds were working Friday morning! - 11/03/2013 07:14 PM

Yeah it would be nice, but there are way to many local birds in a lot of areas. We saw around 300 geese and prob 100 other ducks that woulda worked had we not been picking up.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Birds were working Friday morning! - 11/03/2013 07:19 PM

I certainly understand Traditional. I remember many, many years ago when we started out a season hunting in Franklin Township using three dozen goose decoys and by the fourth or fifth hunt we'd take 6 decoys and still be done in an hour. Still a great time to watch them come in though. Used to hunt ducks on the White River out of a yellow canoe, no camo. I think they thought it was a wonder bread truck! Hey, keeping up the good shooting and bring on more pictures.

Re: Birds were working Friday morning! - 11/03/2013 09:54 PM

Gonna be a while, I go on call this week at work. Once shotgun season starts I am getting my son back out in the deer woods. I've tried to take him water fowling but after missing a doe in youth season he refuses to hunt anything else until he shoots a deer. He's determined.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting