Home

Upgraded Sights

Posted By: BowBo

Upgraded Sights - 01/12/2017 05:10 PM

Well I got the TruGlo glow-in-the-dark night sights off of huntsemall in the HH classifieds.. and finally installed them today onto my S&W M&P Shield .40cal

And I like them waaay better than the stock sights!
The stockers are WEAK!!

Thanks again Jeff!
Really happy with them.
Your "loss"... is my gain. LOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Double B

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/12/2017 08:19 PM

Looking good, even my eyes could pick those up. I love the green and pick it up best. How easy was the install in that dovetail? Any specific tips or tools?

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/12/2017 08:40 PM

It was easy!
>Spray and soak old sights with oil before starting.
>Take the slide off of gun, put in vice
>Remove rear sight set screw, secure/catch rear spring when tapping out rear sight
>Use a brass punch and a regular hammer/mallot to tap old sights out to the ejection side of slide (it takes a few good whacks to free them up at first)
>Then reverse those steps to install new sights

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/12/2017 11:11 PM

Looks like it wouldn't be bad at all. Thanks
Posted By: huntsemall

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/13/2017 09:36 AM

Looks good Bo!

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/13/2017 07:26 PM

Highjacking, but think about this.....in a weird twist of Indiana regs, a .40 S&W handgun with no minimum barrel length is a legal deer gun. A carbine in 40 is not legal even when meeting min barrel length regs as case length is short. So you can hunt with a 950 fps pistol but not a scoped carbine capable of hitting 1500+ fps. Correct me if I'm wrong.......but I don't think we have to worry about nonresident invasion they'll never be able to figure out all our quirks!

Bo- I know YOU could kill a deer in the right situ no problem with that piece.....just making conversation.

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/13/2017 09:16 PM

LOL, actually I thought it was an illegal firearm for deer... or I already would have DoubleB!!!

Re: Upgraded Sights - 01/13/2017 09:41 PM

I've killed deer here with my .44 Mag handgun before.
I've also killed wild boar with it in my home state of Ga! wink
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting