Home

M-14 Tribute Build

Posted By: maddogmech

M-14 Tribute Build - 03/11/2016 12:01 AM

This has been a dream of mine most of my life to build a this rifle. It's a tribute build to Honor a cousin(Dave L Denny)that was killed in Vietnam, this is what he carried.
First I would like to thank those who have served and those that still served and then to those that Gave it all, their lives.
Also a thanks to my step son (A Marine himself) Adam Gaskin for helping build this rifle. His knowledge of the old battle rifles is unreal for his age. He hooked me up with a new manufacture of the M-14 receivers down in Alabama. They are a forged receivers and the guy hooked us up with our own serial numbers. I chose the numbers 1066, why this number ? It was the month and year David was killed.
Also a Thanks to Gundude, he provided me info on what parts to look for. I so wish he could have seen it, I talked to him several times about it and he always said to make sure he got to see it.
And a thanks to Ted at Laser Scribes, he did a wonderful job with the laser engraving.
Sorry about the first pic it would night rotate.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: M-14 Tribute Build - 03/11/2016 06:19 AM

That is VERY cool! What a great way to memorialize your cousin. Thanks for sharing, bro! cool
Posted By: BowBo

Re: M-14 Tribute Build - 03/11/2016 08:24 AM

That's incredible work! AWESOME!!
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: M-14 Tribute Build - 03/11/2016 09:09 AM

That's truly awesome... A great way to memorialize your cousin... Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: sticksender

Re: M-14 Tribute Build - 03/11/2016 09:27 AM

Very nice, great job by all involved!
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: M-14 Tribute Build - 03/12/2016 05:43 PM

I was in the Marines the same time and carried the same weapon for a couple of years. Great build and priceless to say the least.
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: M-14 Tribute Build - 03/13/2016 11:37 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I was just a boy when David was killed but remember how it affected the family. As I grew older and learned of the due respect that our military deserve I set my mind to coming up with a way to Honor him and others that gave ALL for us.
As many of you know it seemed that the Vietnam war would last forever, and I honestly believed that as soon as I graduated that I would be going to the Marines as David did and then to Vietnam.
Well the war ended and I didnt go in the Marine's. (regret)
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting