Home

Leveling front end of truck

Posted By: Labman

Leveling front end of truck - 01/28/2014 03:44 PM

Just bought a new 20014 Z71 double cab truck with all the bells and whistles. One thing I don't like about it is that the front end is about 3 1/2 inches lower than the back end. Had somebody tell me to add a leveling kit to the front end to level it out with the back end. What are the negatives of doing this? Well this damage or change anything in the front end? Will it change the riding of the truck any? I am going to add a fiber glass shell and will pull a 29 foot camping trailer. I don't want to end up with the rear end being lower than the front end so I am going to wait till I get the shell on. I also had the same person tell me to add air bags on the rear end so when I pull the trailer I can adjust for the added weight. Just want to get some input before I do this.
Posted By: Cornfed

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 01/28/2014 05:18 PM

I would suggest talking to the dealer, especially on a brand new rig. When I bought my truck, it had 6 extra leafs in the rear, AND airbags. It looked like a 65' GTO my Dad used to have, all jacked up in the rear end. laugh I don't need/use the airbags. They are the manual style air bags, with the air lines, and valves included. If you end up going the airbag route, I'd sell them for way less than new. Congrats on the new truck, BTW! smile

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 01/28/2014 06:27 PM

thanks cornfed, if I go that route I will contact you about the air bags
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 01/28/2014 08:02 PM

Lab.... I have the 07 new body style. My son and I put a leveling kit in about 2 1/2 hrs. It didnt change the way it drove or the ride. It has no extra tire wear. You can put different sizes of kits on it. if you higher than 2" you have to change shocks as well. I just went with 2". Good luck with it no matter how you go.
Posted By: Gilley

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/06/2014 06:13 PM

Hey Lab, did you ever put a lift on your truck? I bought a 2014 Z71 too and was wondering how this worked out for you. Was thinking of doing this also.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/07/2014 08:19 AM

Yes I got the leveling kit put on. I really like the looks of it and got many compliments on the looks of it. Sure beats that downward rake on the frontend that I hated. Cost me about 250 to have it done. That included the kit, installation, and front end alignment. Gilley, I see you are from Madison county. I got my kit and installed from Concepts In Motion there in Anderson. Chris is the owner he is a good guy and very knowledgeable. Can do what ever you need for your truck. I also bought a Jason topper for my truck also. If you are thinking about a topper give me a call and I can tell you about mine.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/07/2014 10:42 AM

Is your ride still as smooth? My son put a leveling kit on his ford f150 and it seems to ride rough now.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/07/2014 11:04 AM

I cant tell a bit of difference on mine. Maybe your sons problem is he has a ford, Sorry couldn't resist LOL. How much of level did he put on? Did he have it re aligned? They tell me more than a two inch level could cause some riding problems but shouldnt make a difference with two or less.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/07/2014 10:49 PM

That's what I keep telling him...it's a dang ford. I think I'll try to get mine done. Thanks Lab for all the info.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/08/2014 07:04 AM

Let me know how yours rides and how you like it when you get it done.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 03/10/2014 08:16 PM

ok, I will. Might be a few weeks

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/05/2014 08:17 PM

Lab, getting my truck leveled This Thursday. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/07/2014 08:12 PM

Well, Did you get it done?

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/07/2014 09:39 PM

Tomorrow is Thursday smile

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/08/2014 08:11 PM

Lab, got it done today and you were right it looks awesome. Ride is the same too. Chris and his guys did a great job. Thanks for the advice.

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/11/2014 07:42 AM

Glad you are happy with it. You got pictures?

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/11/2014 09:37 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/11/2014 09:39 PM

Could have probably went another inch. You got pics?

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/12/2014 05:01 PM

Gilley, Looks good. Yes I got picks but just look at your truck and you will see mine. I got the exact same truck LOL except I do have a topper on mine. That is a 2014 right?

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/12/2014 10:35 PM

Yep lol

Re: Leveling front end of truck - 05/13/2014 06:26 AM

you mentioned the front was still a little lower still. Mine was also but when I put the topper on and loaded it with all the hunting stuff and camping stuff I carry the rear lowered down to about a 1/2 higher that the front. When you carry a load it will lower down. If front and back are the same to start your rear end well be lower when loaded.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting