Home

2005 yamaha blaster i need help.

Posted By: psearchery

2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/27/2010 05:20 PM

my buddy has a yamaha blaster. we rebuilt the carb on it and now it is getting to much gas. everyone is telling me it is all in the float but we put a new one in and that didn't help it. It is getting way to much gas. when you turn the gas on and key on it is pouring gas out the overflows without even running. when you do start it up it will run but has no power at all until you shut the gas off and it revs up right before dying. we have done everything we know to do besides taking it somewhere. does anyone have any help or suggestions?
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: 2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/27/2010 07:30 PM

Didja put a new float pin in??

Re: 2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/27/2010 09:06 PM

yeah everything in the carb is new. i even called the dealer and they told me how high the float should be up and all that stuff. i am no expert with four wheelers but when its not running and the key is just on should it be putting gas through it like that. its not even running and it just pours gas out.
Posted By: jkd

Re: 2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/27/2010 09:46 PM

Sounds like either the needle valve is stuck or blocked, or the needle didn't get put back in right... float just determines the level of fuel in the bowl, but the needle valve is what shuts off the flow. If fuel is pouring out of the carb, the problem has to be in that section somewhere... or like Weed said, float pin sticking the float, bent pin... you've got a free flow condition, so sounds like pull the carb, take it apart and check everything again... something is missing,bent, stuck or not installed properly...
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: 2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/28/2010 08:22 AM

It HAS to be one or the other...
Posted By: simple man

Re: 2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/28/2010 09:11 AM

Hey, on some Honda's there are 2 different "tits" that the fuel line will fit on.

If you confuse them...one should be open.....or vacuum line (cant remember) you are putting gas in the "side" of carb, not down through the float needle. It will flow through, fill everything, and run out on ground till you shut er off!

Just look to see that you didn't put the fuel line on the wrong place. OR, if there is another "inlet"

What you are describing sounds familiar to me...don't ask why smile smile smile

Re: 2005 yamaha blaster i need help. - 09/28/2010 10:36 AM

thanks alot guys i will keep on messing with it hoping i do something right. we just don't really have the money to take it to a dealer and its not hard to work on at all just cant figure out what is wrong.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting