Home

Question, need help?

Posted By: Yaz

Question, need help? - 12/15/2008 09:29 AM

I've got a 2000 Polaris 250 4x4. Bought it new, and its been a very reliable, hard working machine. I've pulled loaded hay wagons out of the field with this little quad. I have not had to do one single thing for maintenance, until this year. I haven't even changed the plug. I went through the entire machine before we went to Wyoming, and it was running like a new one. New fuel, and oil filters, plug, chain, air filters, oil, greased, battery, etc. When I got back, it started bogging down, and back firing when I get on the throttle. It has a governed reverse. There is a switch to push to over ride this. In forward gear, I can get to a certain speed/RPM, and it bogs out, if I hit the reverse governor over ride, it takes right off to full throttle and power. It almost seems like an ignition/wiring problem. Any ideas??? confused

Yaz
Posted By: fullrut

Re: Question, need help? - 12/15/2008 10:47 PM

I don't have a clue you need to ask trophy or haven. Be sure to get it going for the January ride at my place.
Posted By: recon33alpha

Re: Question, need help? - 12/15/2008 11:16 PM

possibly the valves or it could very well be an electrical problem. I've always had two strokes up until now, so I'm not much help, goto www.atvnation.com and post the problem, alot of guys on there have helped alot of my friends. Where most Mechanics chat also.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting