Home

over/under recommendations?

Posted By: 76chevy

over/under recommendations? - 05/10/2016 03:53 PM

what would you all recommend for a good over under gun? 12 ga dove and pheasant gun...
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/10/2016 05:27 PM

Can't go wrong with Browning...
Posted By: shooter

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/10/2016 10:32 PM

For the discriminating individual, https://a10american.com/
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/11/2016 11:46 AM

Justin... You might check out the Franchi over and unders, I purchased one for my son back when Galyans was going out of business. I don't remember the exact M/N other than its a field grade. It shoots wonderful, and not a burden to carry. Comes with 5 choke tubes, and they will interchange with some if not most of the Beretta,Stoeger and some Benelli shot guns.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/11/2016 03:39 PM

Browning citori is what I'd get if I had the cash
Posted By: whitetail1

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/11/2016 04:21 PM

I'll second the Browning over/under...they are hard to beat, but it's going to cost some cash. CZ makes several more economical options for an over/under. I have a Redhead Deluxe and really like it.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/12/2016 08:22 AM

thanks all! Love the feel of the Citoris. I might need to keep saving...
Posted By: Yaz

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/12/2016 09:14 AM

Back when Sporting clays were popular, and I was shooting every weekend, I had a Weatherby Orion, and a Browning Citori. Both very good. The browning is a heaver, bulkier gun, while the Weatherby is sleeker, lighter and faster on the swing. The weatherby did not have the drop at the heel and comb like the browning did, and pounded me shooting 100 round clay matches. I liked them both really well, and each had its own advantages. I sold the weatherby, and kept the Citori. Not sure what the pricing on them are today. The Browning was under 900, and the weatherby under 1100……."back in the day". Cant go wrong with either. Don't over look the Ruger Red Label either. Light, fast shotgun. Still a little more recoil than I like if shooting it a bunch. I also did not like the kicking the safety off between double shots. Its safety would engage after a barrel was fired. Not sure if they changed that now or not.
Posted By: oldman1949

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/12/2016 08:31 PM

I like Beretta's myself . The SKB's are often overlooked . Very good guns for the money . A lot depends on what you are going to use one for . Remember a light weight O/U will have more felt recoil than a heavier one .
Posted By: varmint101

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/17/2016 05:11 PM

I do like my Red Label. Yaz, they must have changed that as I don't recall my safety needing reset.

Love the feel of the Brownings and Berettas also, but have never been fortunate enough to own one. Jack used to have a Franchi titanium something or other and man that thing was slick! Light as a feather and pointed well. If I weren't shooting clays and just hunting I would like something like that to tote in the field.
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: over/under recommendations? - 05/21/2016 07:56 PM

Yeah, well Jack also owned a Red Label he couldn't hit the side of barn with but you seemed to like it.

It all comes down to what you're going to use it for or how versatile it needs to be. My Franchi's are all good upland hunting guns but I hate shooting 100 rounds of sporting clays with them (too light). Sometimes the best gun is the not the one that is prettiest or fanciest but the one you shoot best. Try 'em all out before you buy.Friend of mine uses a Stoeger and kills 'em dead every time out.

Jack
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting