Home

Are you a memeber of the NRA?

Posted By: gundude

Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/27/2005 11:27 PM

Are you a member of the NRA? If not I would really like to hear why? This is just for my own enlightenment. I am not posting this to start an argument or anything like that but I work closely with the NRA and I just want to hear WHY you are or ARE NOT a member. Ill save my thoughts on the subject till the end of this thread.
Posted By: DRS

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/28/2005 07:19 AM

You bet I am a member of the NRA since 1971!
Posted By: oldman1949

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/28/2005 09:34 AM

Not any more. Got tired of the weekly phone/mail request for donations of money.
Posted By: deertracks

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/28/2005 09:55 AM

YES!! The NRA is our best point man when we need to be seen & heard in a big way by attorneys, judges, & politicians.
Like oldman I get tired of the constant billing, but it takes a lot of money for the NRA to do battle with our well funded mislead opponents. I would hate to imagine what we American hunters would be dealing with if there was not an NRA in our corner.
Posted By: fowl_hunter

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/28/2005 11:32 AM

Yes I have been a member since I was 8 or 9 years old.
Posted By: Jack Ryan

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/29/2005 09:06 PM

Life member, can't remember how long.
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 09/29/2005 11:31 PM

Life member since they got GW elected!!!

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 10/03/2005 06:46 PM

Come on, Gotta be more than 15 people here with an opinion.... Ill shut this thing down Friday.
Posted By: RedLab

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 10/03/2005 10:38 PM

Been a member for a long time. Always sign up my wife and 2 sons too. BTW my wife gets a nice magazine that she enjoys reading. Attended the Anderson NRA Banquet 2 weeks ago. Got a nice Lab print and a Remington knife. Had a good time with everyone. Kyle Hupfer was there also.
Posted By: Harley72

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 10/04/2005 11:57 AM

I always go with the yearly membership and it just expired. Will be joining again soon.
Posted By: Tooldummy

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 03/13/2006 01:29 PM

I've been a member several years now. I have car insurance, home insurance, business insurance, property insurance, life insurance, health insurance, and disability insurance. Why would I possibly not want hunting/shooting insurance?
I do get tired of them always asking for more money though.
Posted By: hunter480

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/03/2006 02:42 PM

I`m a life member, and I just think it`s a shame that there are an estimated 60 to 80 million gun owners in the US, and only slightly more than 4 million of us carrying the load in NRA.
I`ve heard all the exceuse:...NRA is too radical, NRA isn`t radical enough, I get tired of them sending me mailers asking for money, we don`t really need NRA, nobody`s going to take our guns.
All of the above is nonsense, and if you own firearms, you should be a member. And I`ll go so far as to say that you should do more than just send in your $35 every year, you need to get involved at the grassroots level. John Crone, the Indiana NRA field rep is a good guy, and would love to have help with many NRA projects.
Get involved and become part of the group of Partiots who are carrying the load.
Posted By: Steiny

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/03/2006 05:35 PM

I was an NRA Member for many years, but quit several years ago for a couple reasons.

#1 The constant badgering for more money. Heck they probably spent $100 in phone calls and letters every year, just to me. That could have been used towards the cause. Pretty foolish in my opinion. Charge me higher dues if you need more money, but please quit calling and mailing me all the time. This was 90% of why I quit.

#2 Charlton Heston for a figurehead ... give me a break. The average person under 30-35 probably never saw one of his movies, or hardly even knew who the guy was. No doubt he was the man in his day, but a pretty poor choice by the NRA in my opinion. The dude looked like he was 100 years old up on stage.

So I quit paying the NRA and joined two other pro gun, pro conservation groups which I like much better; Safari Club International,and the Izaak Walton League of America.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/03/2006 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Steiny:
I was an NRA Member for many years, but quit several years ago for a couple reasons.

#1 The constant badgering for more money. Heck they probably spent $100 in phone calls and letters every year, just to me. That could have been used towards the cause. Pretty foolish in my opinion. Charge me higher dues if you need more money, but please quit calling and mailing me all the time. This was 90% of why I quit.

#2 Charlton Heston for a figurehead ... give me a break. The average person under 30-35 probably never saw one of his movies, or hardly even knew who the guy was. No doubt he was the man in his day, but a pretty poor choice by the NRA in my opinion. The dude looked like he was 100 years old up on stage.

So I quit paying the NRA and joined two other pro gun, pro conservation groups which I like much better; Safari Club International,and the Izaak Walton League of America.
Just my opinion, but those are really weak excuses for not being an NRA member.

They bugged you too much for money. I`m a life member, and I get mailers all the time asking for money. Get this: I send money when I can, and I don`t when I can`t.

And Charlton Heston a poor choice for president? Again, you`re entitled to your opinion, by my opinion is that Heston was an outstanding pick. He was a great speaker-very much like Regan, a very powerful speaker. You should read his book, The Courage To Be Free, an outstanding book.

As for your conservation groups, those are all well and good, but conservation doesn`t save the Second Amendment. I don`t get how you think that helps anything.

Maybe it`s really best you`re not an NRA member anyway. That way you don`t have to make any excuses to anybody, acting like you really care about Second Amendment rights, or really support us. There are better than 4 million of us currently, and you`re fortunate because we`ll keep carrying the load for you and those who think like you do.
Posted By: reloader

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/03/2006 09:14 PM

Charlton Heston was the best thing to happen to the NRA at the time of Bill Clinton reign of power.If there was no NRA you would not have the guns you do right now,Yes they bug for money,they operate on gifts,your dues only pay for the magazine.they help fight in courts all the time,to preserve a single person thats been done wrong,and other court battles are never ending,Handgun Control Inc. has an adgenda to bleed us all dry,its been costly,but we are winning right now,as states have passed laws protecting gun manufacters from lawsuits,and are winning everwhere,only because the right people are in offices now,and the NRA is fighting hard.Those letters asking for money dont bother me,ive maybe sent 10 $ in the last 20 years,but im doing better now and im ready to send more,as the fight is on when /if another Clinton type gets elected.The NRA is also much more than a fighting leagal body,they train police,youth,women,support hunting issues,run the shooting sports programs,kept Clinton from shutting down the Division of Civilian Marksmanship Program where also he was in the process of cutting up all the historic M-1 rifles,now there still there for you and me to buy.I could go on but im getting tierd,goodby...

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/04/2006 06:13 AM

HMMM this poll has been up since Sept. of LAST YEAR!. And only 23 people even voted on it.
Seems like most people just dont care. Funny how they will all be the ones moaning groaning bitchin and complaining when a stupid gun law gets passed........ It's really worth your time to learn and research all things the NRA does to protect and preserve your rights. More later.......
Posted By: Tony Wright

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/04/2006 08:29 AM

I just sent my renewal in the mail this morning. I wouldn't think of not renewing. Also think if it wasn't for the NRA during the Clinton years we would not have the guns available to us today that we do.
Posted By: jwbuilder77

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/04/2006 08:34 AM

Life Member!!!!
Posted By: Lady Artemis

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/04/2006 07:53 PM

I'm a member. My husband insisted I join before he would marry me (the brute) wink

I like the NRA, just wish they wouldn't send 10 nag/renewal letters thru the course of the year.
I wouldn't mind being a lifer, but I'm trying to conserve my cash at the moment. Unlimited wants and limited resources...

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/04/2006 08:44 PM

Hunter480 said:
Maybe it`s really best you`re not an NRA member anyway. That way you don`t have to make any excuses to anybody, acting like you really care about Second Amendment rights, or really support us. There are better than 4 million of us currently, and you`re fortunate because we`ll keep carrying the load for you and those who think like you do.

....You really paint a pretty picture for the NRA Hunter480. The question was posed "Are you a member, and if not, why?"
So I respond and then get berated by you with your better than thou attitude. If your behavior is typical of NRA membership, then I'll take my chances elsewhere thanks.
Posted By: Free-Loader

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/04/2006 10:45 PM

Steiny you can't make everyone happy. I deal with people all the time who are only pro Ducks Unlimited or only Pro Waterfowl USA. They fight all the time yet are in their organization for the same reason. Do what you can and promote who you want. I am a NRA member and was turned off by the badgering years ago. I sense then felt it wasn't such a big issue and rejoined. Just glad you are still supporting Pro-Gun Associations.
Posted By: Tony Wright

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/05/2006 09:37 AM

Stieny; I think Hunter480 behavior is NOT typical NRA, but rather it is typical Hunter480. (Read other posts to see what I mean!

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/05/2006 03:21 PM

Good stuff. I want to hear ALL of it on both sides... I have a reason......

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/05/2006 05:24 PM

Tony - I figured as much, sounds like short pistol syndrome.

I'm really am not opposed to rejoining. I've got many friends that are members. But that constant badgering for money is a real turn off.
Put a cool, gun supporting cowboy like Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot or Kevin Costner at the helm and you'll have my attention.
Posted By: sticksender

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/05/2006 05:40 PM

Been a member ever since I could first afford to pay the dues 20+ years ago. Truly, there should be no excuse for a sportsman or gun owner not to join/renew. IMO, its the second-most worthwhile couple-a-bucks you can spend each year, rating just below the money spent for your annual physical check-ups. BTW you DO get annual physicals, don't ya??? Ok then, now join the NRA.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/05/2006 05:58 PM

Originally posted by Steiny:
Hunter480 said:

....You really paint a pretty picture for the NRA Hunter480. The question was posed "Are you a member, and if not, why?"
So I respond and then get berated by you with your better than thou attitude. If your behavior is typical of NRA membership, then I'll take my chances elsewhere thanks.
Hey man, sorry, but the battle to keep our Second Amendment rights isn`t being played out in the sandbox at the playground. I just don`t buy the excuses, and what did your conservation" groups do to get the lawfully owned firearms back to the good people in New Orleans when they were confiscated?

And as to the comments made by Tony Wright: "Stieny; I think Hunter480 behavior is NOT typical NRA, but rather it is typical Hunter480. (Read other posts to see what I mean!
That`s fine Tony-I am NOT politically correct, and I have a PASSION for the NRA and Second Amendment rights. Ain`t for the faint of heart, so maybe you need to stay home with the women and children. If you don`t have a passion for it, join the environmental groups like Stieny and stand out of the way so those of us doing something can work.
Stieny-I`m not bashing ya, I`m just saying I don`t buy the excuses, and that`s fine too. Defending Second Amendment rights isn`t for the passive, it`s for Patriots, and either you`re in, or you`re out, but be counted one way or the other.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/05/2006 06:49 PM

GOOD DEAL!.. Now we have a thread worthy of debate.
Posted By: chicobrownbear

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/06/2006 04:58 PM

I had been on the fence for a while on this issue. Then, the death nell for my consideration came...

At a public range near my home, I went to shoot. Mr. NRA (hat, jacket, bumper sticker and probably official boxer shorts too) was on the line with his muzzle loader. I hardly took notice at first, but then I heard quite a boom, and then laughter. I turned around and saw this guy FILL (not half, not a quarter, not three quarters full, but heaping) a 12 GA. shotgun hull with FF, dump it down the barrel of the muzzle loader, finish loading, and then prime the thing. I was in total disbelief. When I saw the hammer go back, I got back in the truck and began to distance myself (for what should be obvious reasons.) He then began to repeat the situation as I tried to figure out what else to do with my day.

I grew up with a muzzle loader in my hand, belonged to a competitive club even before I was old enough to shoot (thanks Pop). I knew that no muzzle loader on the market could take that abuse for long.

While I very much appreciate the overall mission of the NRA, and I am fully aware of the "few bad apples" adage, I decided that it would be better to distance myself from this gentleman and his organization.

I realize that this may very well have been an isolated incident, and I hope that this particular man has not sustained any injuries from his exploits.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/06/2006 05:49 PM

Originally posted by chicobrownbear:
I had been on the fence for a while on this issue. Then, the death nell for my consideration came...

At a public range near my home, I went to shoot. Mr. NRA (hat, jacket, bumper sticker and probably official boxer shorts too) was on the line with his muzzle loader. I hardly took notice at first, but then I heard quite a boom, and then laughter. I turned around and saw this guy FILL (not half, not a quarter, not three quarters full, but heaping) a 12 GA. shotgun hull with FF, dump it down the barrel of the muzzle loader, finish loading, and then prime the thing. I was in total disbelief. When I saw the hammer go back, I got back in the truck and began to distance myself (for what should be obvious reasons.) He then began to repeat the situation as I tried to figure out what else to do with my day.

I grew up with a muzzle loader in my hand, belonged to a competitive club even before I was old enough to shoot (thanks Pop). I knew that no muzzle loader on the market could take that abuse for long.

While I very much appreciate the overall mission of the NRA, and I am fully aware of the "few bad apples" adage, I decided that it would be better to distance myself from this gentleman and his organization.

I realize that this may very well have been an isolated incident, and I hope that this particular man has not sustained any injuries from his exploits.
You go out of your way to say that you realize that one such incident doesn`t implicate the NRA, nor every member, then you say that because of this incident, you`re not interested in NRA. All that, as you make take a shot at all of us, via the NRA boxers crack.
It`s really simple-either you`re with us, or you`re NOT with us, but save the excuses because you`re only talking to yourself. Those of us who are involved and trying to get things done aren`t listening, we don`t have the time. We`re only listening if you want to become part of the solution.
NOTHING is more important, more critical, than Second Amendment rights. Without the Second Amendment, we`ve lost all else, and there`s NO doubt in my mind that without NRA we`ve lost all Second Amendment rights. No other organization was involved in getting the illegally confiscated firearms back to the people in New Orleans who were simply trying to defend and protect themselves. Only NRA.
The you hear a comment like this: “Put a cool, gun supporting cowboy like Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot or Kevin Costner at the helm and you'll have my attention.”
That`s sad. It doesn`t matter that the purpose is noble, and necessary, but there`s gotta be something or someone who is likable enough to draw people, someone "cool". Someone like that isn`t needed anyway, because when their cool cowboy has to get dirty supporting the cause, or when it comes time to endure a little discomfort for the cause, they`re not gonna have the stomach for it, and the cool cowboy won`t be enough to keep them around anyway.
I had thought that everyone who was a gun owner understood and supported NRA, but if some of the comments here are an indicator, we are in deep trouble.
Posted By: chicobrownbear

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/06/2006 06:24 PM

Let me preface this response with this 480 - I really do sincerely admire your passion, and wouldn't mind maybe plinking with you someday. My aim was not to offend you, forgive my humor.

I didn't make an excuse, I posted a personal experience and you have blasted me (and probably hate me) for it. No, I am not with you, if you consider that against you, fine. The boxer comment obviously hit home, probably near your hamper.

Take home message - use honey, you'll catch more flies.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/06/2006 08:02 PM

Keep going fellas..... Oh and for those of you NOT a member of the NRA and are DEAD set in your position I just ask that you take the time to at least go thier website and see what they are doing for you........ Still not going to join? Fine just make sure you have all the facts. It really is OK to say you may have been wrong. We all do it and we all hate to admit it!
Posted By: IndyMatt

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/07/2006 10:21 AM

I am a NRA member, why because I feel that they do a number of things to support gun ownership. They helped support those guys that had their vehicles searched at work and when guns were found in the vehicles (first day of deer season) they were fired. Not to mention what has already been said about New Orleans gun owners.

Now, I do my father in law is not, this is due to the Ruby Ridge comments. I cannot comment for sure if this is when the NRA made the following comments or not? They stated that federal agents responding were Jack Booted thugs. After they said that he quit sending in his membership dues.

I can safely say that I do not agree with the above comments and do not agree with all that the NRA stands for, however I agree with a lot of it. I would find this similar to someone belonging to a church or a denomination and then not agreeing with the interpretation.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/07/2006 10:36 AM

Originally posted by IndyMatt:
I am a NRA member, why because I feel that they do a number of things to support gun ownership. They helped support those guys that had their vehicles searched at work and when guns were found in the vehicles (first day of deer season) they were fired. Not to mention what has already been said about New Orleans gun owners.

Now, I do my father in law is not, this is due to the Ruby Ridge comments. I cannot comment for sure if this is when the NRA made the following comments or not? They stated that federal agents responding were Jack Booted thugs. After they said that he quit sending in his membership dues.

I can safely say that I do not agree with the above comments and do not agree with all that the NRA stands for, however I agree with a lot of it. I would find this similar to someone belonging to a church or a denomination and then not agreeing with the interpretation.
Call me radical, but I DO agree with the "Jack booted thug" statement. Are you aware of what happened there? The Federal Agent shooting the wife of the suspect, as she, held her baby, and unarmed?
The first President Bush rescinded his life membership at the time too, and my opinion was-see ya.
Sometimes, freedom, and protecting freedoms can get ugly, and some don`t have the stomach for it. If you don`t, that`s fine, but those of us who do have the will to protect freedom could use your support, instead of you joining the anti`s with the verbal attacks.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/07/2006 10:51 AM

Let me preface this response with this 480 - I really do sincerely admire your passion, and wouldn't mind maybe plinking with you someday. My aim was not to offend you, forgive my humor.

I didn't make an excuse, I posted a personal experience and you have blasted me (and probably hate me) for it. No, I am not with you, if you consider that against you, fine. The boxer comment obviously hit home, probably near your hamper.

First of all-thank you for the compliment, it`s seriously appreciated. And I`ll offer up an apology. I`m very passionate about deer hunting, but multiply that times 1000, and that`s where I`m at with NRA. I know I get emotional and forget temperance when I`m debating Second Amendment rights.

Poor John Crone, he`s the Indiana field rep for NRA. I got emotional with a certain business owner, who didn`t donate to any of the NRA banquets, even though I knew he donated stuff for some of the specialty groups, DU and QU and so on. So word got to me that he had contacted Crone, upset with me. John`s question to him was; well, why aren`t ya donating to NRA? John talked with me about keeping my composure, but then shortly after, I got word of another comment that John had made about me. He supposedly said that, he could, and would teach me better ways to deal with people, but that you can`t teach someone that kind of passion, and that he`d take 10 of me any day. To this day, I consider that to be one of the best compliments I`ve ever received.

So I really do apologize for the way I might have come across to you, it wasn`t my intent. I do however; believe that Second Amendment rights are absolutely critical to our continued freedom. I also absolutely believe that without NRA, we would have a continual chipping away of those Second Amendment rights, and we would eventually end up like Australia, or the UK. And I pray the day never comes, but should the day come, when someone show`s up at the door to collect our firearms, well; I guess we`ll see where the rubber meets the road.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/07/2006 11:10 AM

Forgot to say-heck, I`d go shooting with you anytime. I`m a fair shotgun and rifle shot, but I`m absolutely AWFUL with a pistol. LOL.

I am very safety conscious-NRA training dontcha know.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/07/2006 08:53 PM

Iv'e been gone 4 days and missed all this,takes a while to catch up without dsl speed! But anyway,there is a lot of gunowners that have jumped ship due to a few reasons but mainly the 'badgering' for money,I have sat at the NRA booth at the Indy 1500 gunshow several times signing people up or renewing,one man sat down and said just that,'i let my membership go cause of them always wanting money' &'if you can convince me or explain why they do i'll rejoin'and i did just that,saying such as"they have many programs,newspaper adds,radio shows,court fights,tv shows,ect. and that takes a lot of money,it only comes from us,without it there is no NRA voice,thus we loose the battles.Mailings from my local range/gun club cost last year $2000 for a couple hundred members,could you imagine 4 million members for the NRA?,what about one add in a newspaper? A radio address?Its a game we HAVE to play or we'll be playing golf or tennis like Clinton wanted instead of our hobby as it is. And to the man witnessing at a range a member making a pipebomb out of a muzzleloader,that was just one man,and just think in ANY group of people,theres always a nut no matter where you go,dont let someone else's action or words sway your opinion of any organization where their action/words are not the 'normal'way of things.I didnt know when i became a member at 14 years old just what the NRA did besides fight for our rights,there IS another whole 'world'there,check it out on the NRA websites.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/07/2006 09:05 PM

Oh and a few more things,leave Mr. Heston alone,if you ever read his articles or seen him give a speech,you would see why he was chosen for a figurehead,what a orator he is,like Winston Churchill was in his time.He also IS well known and he did shoot too,thats why he was passionate about NRA.---Is anyone going to the NRA convention in May? I cant wait!

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 04/08/2006 11:56 AM

Originally posted by reloader:
Oh and a few more things,leave Mr. Heston alone,if you ever read his articles or seen him give a speech,you would see why he was chosen for a figurehead,what a orator he is,like Winston Churchill was in his time.He also IS well known and he did shoot too,thats why he was passionate about NRA.---Is anyone going to the NRA convention in May? I cant wait!
Well said reloader. Have you read Heston`s book-The Courage To Be Free? If not, make it a must read, it`s an OUTSTANDING book.
Posted By: 39 Bottoms

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 03/09/2007 12:45 PM

I've been a Life Member for awhile and last year upgraded to Endowment. It doesn't cost much ($175 I believe) so a LOT of Lifers should upgrade.

Yes, they do send lots of requests for money. Don't send any if you don't want to. Send some if you do. They'll take whatever you want to send. But IMHO, every gun owner should belong.

Anyone paying attention should realize we wouldn't have ANY gun rights by now if it wasn't for the NRA. We would be SUBJECTS. Don't join for whatever excuse you have. You know what they say about excuses.
Posted By: biggtree

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 07/11/2007 01:46 PM

Yes
Punish the bad guys not the good guys.
Posted By: shooter

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 07/20/2007 10:17 PM

Been a life member for a lot of years now. Yeah, I get tired of them asking for money, but like it's been said before, it takes a lot of money for them to operate. Every time I order something over the net [gun related] I contribute to the NRA Round-Up. Not being a NRA member because of money solicitations is IMHO a poor reason indeed.
Posted By: Hightower

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/10/2008 05:51 PM

I would like to hear opinions on this:
http://www.nrawol.net/

Never heard of it til I saw it in a guys signature here on HoosierHunting.
Posted By: boman

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/10/2008 07:17 PM

hightower, The site you have referenced has some fact and some spin. The NRA has done a lot of good over the years for our second amendment rights and still continues to do so. the organization has also been "poisoned" by the concept of compromise that always takes place in D.C. and has allowed some questionable legislation to get thru in my opinion. i.e. banning machineguns.
Keep in mind there is always some disention in an organization of this size and back in the 80's some of the hard liners along with Neal Knox split off because of the compromises that were being negotiated.
Most hardline gun rights people are now joining Gun Owners of America and/or Nat. Assoc. of Gun Rights.
I am an endowment member of the NRA. When I was solicited for Patron I sent the money to Gun Owners of America. I'm also a licensed FFL and have been since 1980

Bottom line---join whatever "flavor" you like but join an organization and remember this:

Without these organizations you children may not have the choice as you and I do about the right to own a firearm of their choosing.
It's not about gun control--it's about control-- and they can't control an armed public.

Steve
Posted By: Hightower

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/15/2008 04:54 AM

That's what I figured, just wanted somebody else's take on it.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/15/2008 06:38 AM

How much powder you recon that shell would hold?

There's not a "test" or any thing to get one of those hats you know. I've got one. I bet the guy has a driver's license and is a hoosier to. Did you stop driving and move out of state?
Posted By: Haymaker

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/15/2008 07:45 AM

Yes, I've been an Endowment Member for several (10+) years. I still receive letters asking me to join on yearly memberships, which I don't understand!?
Posted By: DUNN

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/15/2008 12:34 PM

Wonder how much money they spend sending current members invitations to join? Like any big organization they waste a ton of money and put spin on many of the things they send out and about. It is the nature of the beast in politics and everything tied to it in the USA. You have to understand that and not follow any group blindly. They do both good and bad.

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/15/2008 06:12 PM

Originally posted by DUNN:
Wonder how much money they spend sending current members invitations to join?
I can't even remember how long I've been a life member but I've NEVER been solicited to join since becoming one.
Posted By: boxbow

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 12/14/2008 11:31 AM

My wife and I have been members for seven years now.
Posted By: Bud Halcomb

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 02/15/2009 06:35 PM

Well, I finally did it. As of January, I'm a Life Member. Next is upgrading the wife to Life Member. Despite some things I didn't agree with, the NRA is the best organization to continue the fight for our Civil Rights, especially the 2nd Amendment.

I do hope the GOA gets it legs under it and gains members as well though.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 05/17/2010 04:31 PM

Yes
Posted By: daworz

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 11/18/2010 05:48 PM

I just ran across this post, and YES iam its the best money you can spend to help preserve Hunting. If your not Please join,
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 11/19/2010 07:10 AM

the NRA fights to keep our guns the best for preserving huntin with money on habitate development hands down is the NWTF, I,m a life time NRA member ,but the NWTF is the best for wildlife IMHO
Posted By: DFA

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 07/23/2011 12:26 PM

Proud member...

No org is perfect nvr will be
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 07/23/2011 12:33 PM

lifer since late 90,s
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 07/23/2011 02:55 PM

Nope. Used to be.
Posted By: Den57

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 07/24/2011 02:23 PM

Lifer since early '90's
Posted By: Stinger

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 10/21/2015 07:06 PM

I have been a member of the NRA - but when arguing with anti-hunters or as I call them, "morons" I like it that I am NOT a member. It just seems like my comments and position is more credible to them.

It lets them know that my ideas, reasons, justifications, knowledge is based on my own research NOT biased. (biased in their eyes... not in reality)
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 10/22/2015 06:56 AM

its time for everyone to sign up that isnt already. this election cycle is gonna be all out anti gun warfare. We need to shut the dems down. i mean down. take every possible seat away from every gun grabbing one to send a message to future dems that our bill of rights isnt going anywhere. wev were founded on it, we will die on it. protect our future from ALL enemies foriegn and domestic. F Hillary with a corn cob!
Posted By: silverbuzzard

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/15/2018 01:30 PM

Been a member since 1971 too

A few robo calls from them is the price of gun freedom
Posted By: Pepper1

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 01/18/2018 12:57 AM

I was a member for 25 years, right up to the time when they stuck their nose into our deer hunting regulations. They endorsed the use of hpr for deer hunting, which i am opposed to. As the law was written, you can only have 10 rounds of ammo in your possession while deer hunting with a hpr. I saw that as an infringement on my 2nd amendment right to arm myself as i see fit. I can go down to Indy and walk up and down the sidewalk in front of the capital building with my 30.06 and pull a little red wagon filled with 10,000 rounds of ammo. And it is perfectly legal to do so. But come opening day of deer season if i walk out of my back door with 11 rounds of 30.06 ammo, I can be arrested for being in possession of too bullets. I just feel like the nra endorsed a law that infringed on my 2nd amendment right. I just wish that they would stick to protecting our 2nd amendment, and keep their nose out of a states hunting regulations.
Posted By: Steven1919

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 05/25/2018 09:03 AM

Of course
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Are you a memeber of the NRA? - 05/25/2018 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Pepper1:
I was a member for 25 years, right up to the time when they stuck their nose into our deer hunting regulations. They endorsed the use of hpr for deer hunting, which i am opposed to. As the law was written, you can only have 10 rounds of ammo in your possession while deer hunting with a hpr. I saw that as an infringement on my 2nd amendment right to arm myself as i see fit. I can go down to Indy and walk up and down the sidewalk in front of the capital building with my 30.06 and pull a little red wagon filled with 10,000 rounds of ammo. And it is perfectly legal to do so. But come opening day of deer season if i walk out of my back door with 11 rounds of 30.06 ammo, I can be arrested for being in possession of too bullets. I just feel like the nra endorsed a law that infringed on my 2nd amendment right. I just wish that they would stick to protecting our 2nd amendment, and keep their nose out of a states hunting regulations.
The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, never has.

If the state wanted to ban the use of all firearms for hunting, they could, and there is nothing we could do about it.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting