Home

bale blind

Posted By: Yaz

bale blind - 07/04/2015 07:15 PM

In the past couple deer seasons, i have been hunting out of ground blinds out on the open fence rows more. Its been working pretty well. Last fall, I piled up three real round bales in a spot that didn't have a tree for a 1/4 mile or better in any direction. I stuck a regular popup blind between them. It worked and plenty of deer come by at CLOSE range. The downside was I could only see, and shoot out the front because the bales were taller than the windows. This year, I will have a "bale" that I can see/shoot out of from 3 directions. Rather than take the boat to the lake and fight that mess today, I started on the project. Three 16'x50" cattle panels. $60.00 from TSC. "Floor space is 72" long x 48". Height is 71". I have to have the height to shoot my LB's/ and recurves out of. Most pops-ups are too short for that and cramps me up. So, I build this one to fit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have very little leftover scrap panel left. Next step is to sit in there in my hunting chair, and figure out the height and placement of the windows. Have to figure out a door that is quiet to get in on a out of. That's another thing about the pop up blinds. Those zippers are just too darned noisy!!!!!!!
Posted By: bean

Re: bale blind - 07/04/2015 09:10 PM

Very nice. Love my cattle panel blind.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: bale blind - 07/05/2015 09:00 AM

Big enough for a recliner? laugh Looks good!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: bale blind - 07/05/2015 09:07 AM

Cool idea!
Posted By: Scarlett Dew

Re: bale blind - 07/05/2015 11:37 AM

We've been using 8 straw bales stacked 2 high for 4 walls in open fields/ open settings for years...... They are killing machines. You can even hunt them the day you put them out. Just take the straw bales out at end of the year and reuse.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting