Another Trail Cam Post

Posted By: arlowe13

Another Trail Cam Post - 08/19/2013 12:38 PM

Already got some cool pics this year.

First bobcat on trailcam...
[Linked Image]

Nice litte 9/10 pointer in velvet...
[Linked Image]

What looks like really nice buck, wish the pic were clearer, though.

[Linked Image]

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/19/2013 12:57 PM

Love seeing these little guys, too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bean

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/19/2013 02:33 PM

Cool pics.

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/19/2013 05:40 PM

Curious critters...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/19/2013 09:39 PM

arlowe looks like a good gnarly one you got there.
Posted By: BigBuckD

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:24 AM

Hate to be a bubble buster but I am pretty sure that top pick is a fawn. The ears, tail, and legs seem to be good identifiers.
Posted By: Kyle E

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:31 AM

yep not a bobcat

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:32 AM

Originally posted by BigBuckD:
Hate to be a bubble buster but I am pretty sure that top pick is a fawn. The ears, tail, and legs seem to be good identifiers.
The ears do seem a little large, don't they? You're probably right. I saw the little tuft of white on the ears and the short tail had me tricked. I do have several pictures and video of bobcat on this property, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rr_f8hBl70
Posted By: BigBuckD

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:38 AM

Nice! Love to see bobcat in the wild. Looks like you have some great property. Good Luck this year.

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:41 AM

Here's another from 2 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTo-bkK1JRU
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 05:07 PM

Nice pics.......

To my knowledge we have no bobcat in my area which is N.E. Indiana. I spend a lot of time in the woods and dont see any sign. My game cams have not taken any pictures of them. Im sure there are pockets of them around but they dont seem to be around me.

Ive seen them in the Florida Everglades while hunting wild hogs but they are slightly different, with long lanky legs, about 3-4 inches taller. Their legs have devolved long because they spend a lot of time wading water. The bobcat came into the stand area, after a squirrel, which dashed up a palm tree eluding the cat.

I also saw a panther while on a Florida hog hunt. Its considered very rare to see one. h.h.

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 05:09 PM

I see one just about every time I hunt the area where both of those videos were shot. It is near Vevay, Indiana (Switzerland Co.).
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:12 PM

a13 up in moorefield the land owner to the south of the farm I hunt said he has a pic of a female with 4 kits taken on his place.

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/20/2013 09:19 PM

I've seen a mom and 1 kit on my way to that stand. I've only seen the mom once, though.
Posted By: Lov-it

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/22/2013 07:03 PM

Bob cats are rarely seen, even in areas with a moderate to high populations. They are very quiet, fast and shy. Growing up in South Georgia I would only see one every 2 or 3 years or so.

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 08/22/2013 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Lov-it:
Bob cats are rarely seen, even in areas with a moderate to high populations. They are very quiet, fast and shy. Growing up in South Georgia I would only see one every 2 or 3 years or so.
They are definitely elusive, as I have yet to get one on trailcam, but several photos and videos while sitting in the stand.

Re: Another Trail Cam Post - 09/14/2013 09:15 PM

The bigger bucks seem to know when their picture is being taken and make sure they're extra blurry...

[Linked Image]

I have some hard-horn pics of one of the bucks I have in velvet in the first post, though.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting