Home

Hunters Ed?

Posted By: jaruble

Hunters Ed? - 04/29/2011 05:18 PM

I'm looking for info to sign my nephew up for hunters Ed in Decatur county. Can anyone help me out?
Posted By: littlewagon_dup1

Re: Hunters Ed? - 04/30/2011 09:56 PM

go to www.in.gov/dnr there is a listing of all classes in the state.
Posted By: nedwards

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/21/2013 05:18 PM

Anyone know when they update that list? I am wanting to sign my son up this year and there are no classes listed
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/21/2013 08:16 PM

Here is the link. Kind of confusing to me, but now IDNR does everything via the net........

http://www.register-ed.com/programs/indiana/103-indiana-hunter-education/agency:25
Posted By: nedwards

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/23/2013 03:23 PM

Thanks JB
Posted By: jjas

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/24/2013 08:09 AM

I had no idea these classes lasted for 10-14 hours.

Has anyone taken this online course?

web page
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/24/2013 08:21 AM

yeah.....a youth will have hard time with that!!!!

its not any shorter either

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/24/2013 08:34 AM

Originally posted by BREW...:
yeah.....a youth will have hard time with that!!!!

Maybe not, but it's tough to carve out two 6 hour blocks of time on consecutive Saturdays or 4 Tuesday evenings in a row @ 2 1/2 hours each.

From a scheduling standpoint, online might work better for some people.

My son needs to take his HS this year and I'm not sure which way to go.
Posted By: Goosepond_Monster

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/24/2013 03:45 PM

I attended the one day course with my brother last fall at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood. It started at 8:00 and was scheduled to go until 6:00, I think. We were out of there by 4:00. The room was full of kids and the instructors did a good job to keep them involved and it didn't seem like many of them were bored or restless.

Just my opinion, but I think the actual class is much more beneficial than the online course.

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/24/2013 06:43 PM

(from a CO on another site)

The IDNR Law Enforcement Division has started registering students for Hunter Education using an online program. A person can enter their zip code and the program will show scheduled classes based on distance and date of the course. If you are interested in a Hunter Education Course please visit www.indianahuntereducation.com or www.passitonindiana.com.

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/24/2013 07:01 PM

Originally posted by jjas:
[b] yeah.....a youth will have hard time with that!!!!

Maybe not, but it's tough to carve out two 6 hour blocks of time on consecutive Saturdays or 4 Tuesday evenings in a row @ 2 1/2 hours each.

My son needs to take his HS this year and I'm not sure which way to go. [/b]
If your pressed for Time the online course will allow you to start and stop for as many times as you want.It is very in depth with good audio and video that will only let you move on after listing or reading each phase.

Re: Hunters Ed? - 01/25/2013 02:32 PM

Originally posted by jjas:
[b]
[b] yeah.....a youth will have hard time with that!!!!

My son needs to take his HS this year and I'm not sure which way to go. [/b]
If your pressed for Time the online course will allow you to start and stop for as many times as you want.It is very in depth with good audio and video that will only let you move on after listing or reading each phase. [/b]
Thanks for the info.....
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting