Home

Dad/daughter turkey double!

Posted By: DEC

Dad/daughter turkey double! - 04/30/2020 04:45 PM

So on Tuesday morning, I took my oldest daughter out for a morning turkey hunt. My intentions were to only play the roll of camera man. But after watching one tom and then a second tom head our way, I began to wonder if a double with my daughter might be a possibility. She dumped a beautiful tom and as we were doing the post hunt interview, she saw a second tom charging in. She handed me her shotgun and after some issues due to my lack of cleaning her shotgun properly, I dumped the second tom right on top of her bird. The real time between our kills ... about 4 1/2 minutes.

Please enjoy and SUBSCRIBE to my channel. Your support is very appreciated.

Posted By: sticksender

Re: Dad/daughter turkey double! - 04/30/2020 07:38 PM

Amazing hunt....quite the feat to pull a double after the first shotgun blast!
Posted By: DEC

Re: Dad/daughter turkey double! - 05/01/2020 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by sticksender
Amazing hunt....quite the feat to pull a double after the first shotgun blast!

The real time from when she shot hers until I shot mine was less than 5 minutes too. As I was editing it, through my headphones when she shoots hers my bird actually gobbled. We never heard it then of course, but it was crazy that he A) did not leave and B) decided to charge in like that.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Dad/daughter turkey double! - 05/09/2020 06:12 PM

first one came unglued when you yanked on that cord. Brought him on a rope! Dave might be on to something with that decoy wink cool laugh

Nice birds! Great memories!!!
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Dad/daughter turkey double! - 05/09/2020 08:41 PM

Love those birds !!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting