Home

Possible Turkey Camp Next Year???

Posted By: DawnPatrol

Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 07:57 AM

Brookville Reservoir or HNF are the two considerations! pros and cons? we need an electric hookup for a camper! we are looking for a spot to get started on opening day! you can pm me if you would like......i appreciate any info......thanks!
Posted By: gundude

Re: Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 08:10 AM

Pane town has hook up.you can drive minutes and be into birds. I didn't hunt it this year but in the past its been good as long as you don't hunt weekends.

Re: Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 08:24 AM

Originally posted by gundude:
Pane town has hook up.you can drive minutes and be into birds. I didn't hunt it this year but in the past its been good as long as you don't hunt weekends.
Thanks dude.... is that paynetown?
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 08:28 AM

For Gundude it's more like "Pain Town"...
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 01:25 PM

Brookville is great.... Just got home from hunting there and watched three toms for two hours strutting their stuff....

Only drawback is you will have to deal with mushroom hunters and it does get busy on the weekends but there is plenty of ground to spread out on.... You can camp at Mounds SRA and hunt it as well but there are quite a few campgrounds up and down the place and you can fish too...

Whitewater State Park is just up the street from where I hunt over there and they have a nice little lake that you can fish...
Posted By: gundude

Re: Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 03:29 PM

Yup. Stupid smart phone..

Re: Possible Turkey Camp Next Year??? - 05/09/2014 04:03 PM

Cool.....thanks for the info guys!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting