Home

going down swinging

Posted By: gundude

going down swinging - 05/06/2014 08:24 PM

Tough season for me.. maybe my worst ever but I've got my my ice packs and I'm going till the bitter end! Birds are thin here this year but I'm obbessed with this stuff! Tomorrow is a run and gun hunt. I got my helment and everything ready..
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: going down swinging - 05/06/2014 09:31 PM

Dude I have been going down swinging every year since I started turkey hunting.... I don't let it get me down anymore....

Over the years I have judge my turkey success by the birds I see and hear.... And this year it will be a huge success because last Friday I seen ten hens and heard four toms

I don't know what I will do if I ever get one.... eek

But as long as I can breathe and walk, I'll keep trying and keep hunting....
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: going down swinging - 05/07/2014 10:48 AM

Hunted Wabash yesterday and zilch...took the blind down pulled the cams...and called it quits... guess what pics were on the cams whern I got home ?..... Yep, Turkey.... go figure.... Well, like the Chicago Cubs....there's always next year.....one good thing is that I have been getting multiple pics up Bucks on the cams....their nubs are a growin' ....
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: going down swinging - 05/07/2014 03:21 PM

This time of year best thing to do is get there about 5:30 am and set till about 8:30 pm.
Posted By: huntsemall

Re: going down swinging - 05/08/2014 09:35 AM

Gundude....been there too. Fortunately luck smiled upon me this year. One especially tough year had me coming back each morning with my bottom lip full of dirt. One morning I notice a sack next to the door at the house, I look in there and one my "good buddies" had bought me a butterball and left it for me. Friend like that, who needs enemies but it sure had me laughing! You got a few days left...good luck!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting