Home

Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........

Posted By: Scarlett Dew

Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 12:40 PM

Season started pretty good as my Dad got his bird opening morning.

[Linked Image]

I tried another spot on Thursday.....not good....but saw where I needed to be. Set the alarm last Saturday morning only to find it raining.......so I slept in. Decided on Saturday to chain saw up some trees that were getting to close too the barn.......20 minutes later I was headed to the ER as the saw had kicked back and hit me in the leg. 3 hours later......8 staples later......and pain medication (that did NOT work!!!)........I was out the door. (Yes that "shiny whitish" looking area in the cut is my shin bone) Felt my Turkey season was over. Here was the chain saw aftermath. Lost about a size of a quarter chunk out of my leg that was not salvageable.

[Linked Image]

For all my "Dew Haters" out there.......welp, sorry for your luck. I have many male relatives in their 90's.........this may have been your only chance to get me off this planet early......now, I'll just probably die from natural causes.........could mean another 40+ years of posts from me..... LOL!!!!!

Mending up pretty well and quicker than I thought. Went out this past Friday night and put up my turkey blind and seat.......seemed comfortable as I could extend my leg. I can bend it pretty good right now.......but not for long.......the pressure on the cut starts to hurt.

Today was the day.........worked in 4 Tom's........got a good 15 yard shot off at one of them. 3/4 inch spurs......9 inch beard.......23 pounds.

[Linked Image]

All I can say now is ..........BRING ON DEER SEASON!!! cool

We also probably need a thread on "Chain Saw Safety"......I'll sign up.... laugh
Posted By: Time out

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 01:06 PM

Nice bird. At least your still walking.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 01:15 PM

First, glad your ok. Congrats on the birds.
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 01:17 PM

Did that on my left wrist two years back with a hand saw.....was cutting a tree that fell over a tractor trail,... all the Corona did was touch my wrist and opened it right up about 2 inches and very deep...(boy, are the Coronas sharp)....no hospital though....I wrapped it, went to the drug store and bought some steri strips, went home, shaved the area, poured rubbing alcohol on it(now that hurt !) and taped it shut....left a wonderful scar ....glad your OK....congrats on the bird
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 02:08 PM

Congrats on a nice Tom!
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 02:28 PM

Nice bird and Congrats glad to hear the leg is doing better
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 07:43 PM

Good bird
Posted By: Cornfed

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 10:22 PM

Glad it wasn't worse, Dew. Rub some dirt on it, and it will be fine!

Great bird. Congrats!
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/04/2014 10:56 PM

Good bird. Congrats!
Sorry bout the leg.
Posted By: DEC

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/05/2014 07:57 AM

Nice job Tim.
Posted By: varmint101

Re: Chain Saw Massacre Turkey........ - 05/05/2014 10:54 AM

Congrats to you and your dad!
Posted By: BowBo