Home

2014 Clay Co turkey

Posted By: deerhunter986

2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/27/2014 04:40 PM

Well just let me say that this weekend was absolutely crazy! Saturday morning I pulled in 2 struttin gobblin toms from a long way off they circled around us to the right and got busted as I tried to move and the lead bird was the last to pick me up and I missed a 35yd shot as he turned leave still don't know how I did that. I called them 2 back 3 different times and got busted again! This mornin dad and I separated he went back to the place where we started yesterday and I went to where we heard some birds while workin them 2 yesterday. Well I see a strutter comin with a few other turkeys thinkin they are hens and I start to get real aggressive with the call and he gobbles and the tom with him breaks off and all the way around to my right and ill be if I didn't get busted again! well the main birds are still comin well I set up with a slight hill infront of me and all them birds walked behind it to my left, and a few seconds go by and I see something well that big bird is just a 5 feet to my left staring right at me well I cant move cause of a tree and I see two red heads pop up at my decoy and I instantly say jakes and I am not goin home without out a bird the way this weekend went, I shoot him at ten yards and that is all she wrote! Been 3 years since I killed last turkey
[Linked Image]
Posted By: deerhunter986

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/27/2014 04:44 PM

On a side note the little man in the picture is my son the one that many of you kept in your prayers as he had open heart surgery this time last year and now he is 2 and full of energy cant wait till he can run around the woods with dad
Posted By: trophyhunter

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/27/2014 09:49 PM

congrats and great to hear your boy is doing well..
Posted By: kevinhunter

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/28/2014 09:16 AM

Congrats! smile
Posted By: varmint101

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/28/2014 11:46 AM

Congrats!!
Posted By: delaney

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/28/2014 11:52 AM

You had a lot of action which is what its about. Nice going on the bird.
Posted By: BowBo

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/28/2014 04:59 PM

Congratulations on busting the dry spell!
Yep I remember saying prayers for him...
man time flies... doesn't seem that long ago.
Awesome to see him doing great, and hanging out with Huntin' Pops!
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: 2014 Clay Co turkey - 04/29/2014 10:35 AM

Congrats and glad to hear about him and it is a blast letting the little ones get to play with the animals that get brought home mine love it.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting