Home

Becoming to think the rain is my friend

Posted By: antiwheeze

Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/25/2014 08:08 PM

After looking at the rain on the radar I was tempted to roll over and go back to bed but last year I took a bird opening day in the pouring rain, so out I went. There was absolutely no gobbling this morning until this guy opened up a couple of times about 10am. He didn't respond to my calls but my decoy caught his attention!

This first iPhone tom selfie was quite the challenge.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: delaney

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/25/2014 08:13 PM

Love to hunt just after a rain. Great selfie and good bird.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/25/2014 08:43 PM

Good job, Wheezy! cool
Posted By: sticksender

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/25/2014 08:57 PM

Congratulations John, beautiful bird. And your picture came out mighty nice for a "selfie".
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/25/2014 11:08 PM

wheeze............a big congrats to ya! Great job taking the pic! Another victim for you wall! Great job bud:)
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/26/2014 08:28 AM

Very nice bird brotha!
And a great photo, Congrats Wheeze!
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/26/2014 09:19 AM

Yeah it was rainy this morning I only had one tom gobble a couple times who never came in. It was a slow morning but all animals seem to be out in rain, so...
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/26/2014 10:54 AM

Congrats.....looks like more rain is coming this new week...Ive got 3 days at the F&W area Mon-Wed, or I'll go back down to Wabash...I'm glad Ive got good rain gear...I just want to hear some darn gobbles.....funny, while on a run several days back, I watched two huge Toms chase 2 hens right past me in the Nat. Lakeshore, of course there isnt any hunting there, why there isnt any birds just 5 miles south of there baffles me, there is some good habitat but the birds just aint there......
Posted By: kevinhunter

Re: Becoming to think the rain is my friend - 04/28/2014 09:19 AM

Very nice, great pic also John! smile Congrats!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting