Home

Kentucky turkey hunters

Posted By: Double B

Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/09/2014 02:39 PM

Anybody else hunting Kentucky this season? I'll be hitting several WMA's starting Saturday morning. Hope the forecast holds. It should be a good weekend showing no rain, lows in the 50's and a high of 77. Good luck if you go.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/10/2014 06:10 PM

Good luck. Doing it the way you're doing it is truly hunting. I've got to give the WMA approach a try sometime.

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/10/2014 08:03 PM

They take good care of their properties that's for sure. I try to hunt during the week to avoid pressure. It gives you a lot of options, I've got two close by and have hunted many more If you hunt them enough you will get better at locating birds consistently and having a decent chance at one early. I'm fired up.

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 07:35 PM

My buddy killed a nice one this am about 9:30. We were on Kentucky river wma and finally got onto the birds.. First time on that wma, so that was a real treat. Had em dancing in front of us there for awhile. Quite a few hunters out and about for a Monday. Pics later may need some help though. Seems like I always have trouble.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 07:37 PM

Congrats. I heard that the birds were really talking this weekend down there.

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 08:27 PM

We blew a setup Saturday at yellowbanks. We struck one mid morning but hit the ridge tip about tha same time the gobbler did and busted us, but hey we had to knock the rust off! I can tell you they were not very vocal there at all. It was tough but the weather was beautiful. Today the weather was wet and windy but they were talking pretty well most of the morning.
Posted By: bean

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 09:11 PM

Email me pics and I will put them up for ypu if needed. beansbeat10@aol.com or text them to me at 765-960-5296

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 09:22 PM

Comin at ya. Thanks Bean.
Posted By: bean

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 09:31 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 09:42 PM

This ain't me, its a buddy of mine. He recently opened a bait shop in Spencer, Indiana called Spencer Bait House. Give him a shout if you're in the area. Thanks to Bean for the assist.
Posted By: gundude

Re: Kentucky turkey hunters - 04/14/2014 10:00 PM

I've already been there

3 minutes from the house.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting