Home

Fall gobblin

Posted By: deerhunter986

Fall gobblin - 10/06/2013 12:03 PM

In all my years spent in the fall woods I have never heard a tom gobble this time of year until yesterday evening. Heard it gobble at a crow then a little while later 5 came in gobbling at everything the seen and heard. I never buy a fall tag and I wish i would have now. They also sounded funny not like the deep thunder gobble they have in the spring.
Posted By: Hoosier Hunter

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/06/2013 12:26 PM

They pretty much will gobble all months of the year. Spring gets intense though.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/06/2013 07:35 PM

it's cool to hear, I have heard gobbles in the fall also.
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/06/2013 08:12 PM

I had 3 gobblin right before watching them fly up to roost in Oct a few yrs back.

Saw these from the stand during Youth Season last wknd...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: daworz

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/12/2013 04:09 PM

I was deer hunting last year, and had 8 to 10 Turkey's come into the woods, and 3 were Big Toms, They did some Gobbling, right before they flew up, and not all the Tom's Did, It was pretty neat to watch that many Birds Fly Up, Into a couple Big Tree's, My 1st time seeing this, I have seen them Pitch Down, several Times, Both are Real Neat. I hope to Put another Turkey Down This Fall.
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/12/2013 09:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BowBo:
[QB] I had 3 gobblin right before watching them fly up to roost in Oct a few yrs back."

They were at it this morning. Must have been 5-6 toms!
Farm roosters seemed to set them off today.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/12/2013 10:39 PM

And here I thought you may have improved upon your calling techniques, Wheezy! wink laugh
Posted By: DUNN

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/18/2013 12:55 PM

I had one gobble a few times the other morning. 1st one I have heard in the fall.
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Fall gobblin - 10/19/2013 08:55 PM

I was hunting the other day and I heard about 20 gobbles from a couple different birds in different areas first time for me as well kind of cool, I kind of lost track of deer hunting for about 20 mins, dreaming of spring.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting