Home

new record for me....

Posted By: nickgsp2

new record for me.... - 05/03/2013 09:09 AM

..... On my smallest bird to date. So now Iam done turkey hunting till next year. I hunted big oaks last weekend and got this little guy to fire up, we moved on the same ridge as him and he gobbled a couple of times on the way, then I heard him walking in the leaves coming up this little hill, I like to set up just underneath a hill so they have to look over it. I seen his white head coming at me then he stopped and looked I couldn't tell if it was a Jake or Tom but had a 50/50 chance so I took him and ended up with the smallest bird I have ever killed 13 lbs 2.75 inch beard. Well as they saying goes he played like a big boy he gets jelly headed like one. Now to hopefully get the wife on one.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: daworz

Re: new record for me.... - 05/03/2013 09:55 AM

Congrats, Never Have Turkey Hunted Down in B.O. I have deer hunted twice with no Luck, and its a Long ways, Great Looking Land though, Again Congrats he must of been a Late Bird, I guess thats why he is so small?

Re: new record for me.... - 05/03/2013 01:53 PM

Yea cause I seen some jakes this year that you had look at twice to make sure it was not a small Tom they were in-betweeners for sure.
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: new record for me.... - 05/03/2013 05:39 PM

Smaller birds taste better!
Posted By: animalhouse

Re: new record for me.... - 05/03/2013 06:12 PM

Congrats!
BO is tough for turkeys...hunted there 5 days, and no luck.

Re: new record for me.... - 05/04/2013 09:24 AM

Yes it tasted great that night deep fried strips with some mushrooms.
Posted By: Uncle Bucky

Re: new record for me.... - 05/04/2013 10:26 AM

nothing to be ashamed about, they all can't be big ones !!

Congrats !
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: new record for me.... - 05/04/2013 11:03 AM

Great job on the bird. As I told PB you know the old saying "Bird in hand better than in the bush". And they make great eating.
Posted By: tattoo

Re: new record for me.... - 05/04/2013 10:59 PM

Good job nick, my place is about a mile east of Big Oaks main gate, lots of turkeys down there I just can't get the time to go down there much. I hope to get down there the last weekend to hunt.

Re: new record for me.... - 05/05/2013 03:06 PM

Thanks and good luck hope u make it down there, if I wasn't busy I would try and come help call for you.

Re: new record for me.... - 05/05/2013 03:10 PM

Well took the wife out today and spotted 2 birds on an old road. We slipped a little closer and sit down, I started to call and they didn't answer, but I told her to stay ready they may come up the road. Well they came in silent but cut into the thicket and slipped up to with in ten yards instead of staying on the road. She got on them but never offered a shot till they busted us.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: new record for me.... - 05/05/2013 03:20 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: new record for me.... - 05/10/2013 12:54 PM

Congratulations on your 2013 bird!
That's the way to take advantage of a good opportunity!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting