Home

Bobby Knight and Turkey chat

Posted By: twthomas

Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/18/2013 12:44 AM

I meant to post this earlier but it kinda slipped my mind. Bobby Knight was signing books the other day at the Bloomington Walmart. Of course I stood in line for 5 hours because I really wanted to meet him and get his book signed. Long story short, being 5th in line and figuring the folks ahead of me and the other 300 behind me would ask him something about basketball or just grin and say something like 'miss you', I knew I needed an edge to get his attention. So when it came my turn I walked up and looking at the top of his head as he signed I asked "So Coach, you gonna take time to Turkey hunt this season?"

Hooked him good! He paused and looked up at me like 'WOW! Someone who actually wants to say something other than blah blah basketball'. He said he had already been a few days in Texas and didn't have any luck. Said the birds were hen'd up pretty bad. We had about a full minute conversation about Turkey and hunting ending with him wishing me good luck for the season and me the same to him. All in all it was pretty cool!
Posted By: metamorahunter

Re: Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/18/2013 02:36 PM

That is pretty cool! Smart move! smile
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/18/2013 02:58 PM

smile
Posted By: gundude

Re: Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/18/2013 07:19 PM

I got a signed copy too... and I might add the book is great!
Posted By: johnc911

Re: Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/20/2013 06:52 AM

I did the same thing a couple years ago with the lead singer from Rascal Flatts (avid hunter) saw him at the Indy 500 everyone was hollering at him i started talking deer, and had a nice conversation for a few minutes.
Posted By: Hunter Dan

Re: Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/23/2013 02:29 PM

Who is Bobby Knight?
Posted By: daworz

Re: Bobby Knight and Turkey chat - 04/25/2013 08:46 AM

Pretty sick, Grats on the Conversation with a Ledgend,
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting