Home

You gotta watch this

Posted By: bean

You gotta watch this - 04/17/2013 08:32 PM

This was shared to my via a facebook friend. I couldn't find it anywhere so I copied the address from the guys page.

This is very cool.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4725778987969
Posted By: BREW...

Re: You gotta watch this - 04/17/2013 08:39 PM

Tame or pet Turkey....seen a guy shoot one with a BAND on its leg one time eek
Posted By: daworz

Re: You gotta watch this - 04/17/2013 09:51 PM

Saw that somewhere the other night, Can not remember where, thought it was pretty cool.
Posted By: Hunter Dan

Re: You gotta watch this - 04/23/2013 02:40 PM

I was driving east of Crawfordsville on St. Rd. 32 toward Lebanon one time. Saw a gobbler in a field with a couple of hens about 200 hundred yards out. I pulled over so my wife could see the turkeys. The hens ran into the woods, but the gobbler quit strutting and ran toward us. He eventually was standing next to my Suburban. I was yelping with my natural voice and he was spitting and drumming. At one point he tried to come in the truck window! He also got on top of a state highway employee's car that stopped to look. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

I talked to some folks from that area and they said that they had heard a gobbler had imprinted on a farmer's tractor. So, any time a tractor or truck came near he would follow it around. Crazy!!

When it was over my wife said "I thought it was hard to call in turkeys." We got a pretty good laugh out of that...
Posted By: powderfinger

Re: You gotta watch this - 04/23/2013 06:41 PM

Just goes to show...turkeys aren't very bright.
Posted By: Hunt N Nut

Re: You gotta watch this - 04/23/2013 09:54 PM

I saw it on Facebook too. Pretty neat.

The NWTF has banded turkey in the past dont know if they still do or not. My buddy shot one in Kentucky that had a $150 reward. Wild as could be.
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: You gotta watch this - 04/24/2013 09:46 PM

One lonely bird!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting