Home

Question for Tractor Guys

Posted By: Steiny

Question for Tractor Guys - 09/15/2014 09:59 AM

Recently upgraded tractors from a New Holland TN-65 to a JD 5085. The New Holland had fluid filled tires and I guess I never really gave it much thought until yesterday while doing some elevated work with loader forks on the JD I realized how "tippy" it was.

How much would fluid fill in the tires improve this situation?
Is there a corrosion issue with the rims, valve stems, etc. on fluid filled tires?
Any pros or cons?
Posted By: Todd326

Re: Question for Tractor Guys - 09/15/2014 10:56 AM

When i installed new tires on tractors that had fluid in the old ones the farmer didn't want it back in.The down side of fluid filled is if the ground is soft you will more then likely git stuck or rut up the ground. If it is tubless tires they will put in new tubes then fill. Can git pricey if you have i leak they will have to pump it back out fix leak pump it back in.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Question for Tractor Guys - 09/15/2014 12:22 PM

Fluid is a PIA. We still run a couple older 2WD tractors that we keep fluid in. I would get tire weights instead. You can put them on/off as needed.
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: Question for Tractor Guys - 09/16/2014 08:56 PM

Talk to a guy by the name Danny Ward or (Dan Ward). He would know everything. Works for Cen-Pe-Co. Lives in Lynn, Indiana. May have to search him up.
Posted By: Bucks n Ducks

Re: Question for Tractor Guys - 09/21/2014 06:12 PM

Wheel weights or ballast box would be my choice. Fluid is a pain!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting