Home

A suprise today

Posted By: jbwhttail

A suprise today - 06/14/2014 07:08 PM

As WNM and I were working on the farm today we heard a rare sound.........QUAIL whistling. Not one but three males..........

aint heard that since the late 1990's!

Thanks Throbak......... "plant warm season grasses and quail will find them" it happened.
Posted By: gundude

Re: A suprise today - 06/14/2014 07:24 PM

Shut up don't tell anyone! (But me)
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: A suprise today - 06/14/2014 07:31 PM

Dont you just Love it I am smiling as I type they found it are setting up house keeping and are now your new tenants
Posted By: gundude

Re: A suprise today - 06/14/2014 08:01 PM

Yes I really love it!!
I'd like to train a dog with a gun loaded with blanks!( most of the time)
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: A suprise today - 06/15/2014 08:56 AM

I have a 25 acre crp field that is grown up out of control an have 3 covey that r in there. I kick them up several times this year.
Posted By: Steiny

Re: A suprise today - 06/15/2014 05:07 PM

I've got quite a few quail and a few pheasant on my place. Provide the habitat and you will have the birds.
Posted By: varmint101

Re: A suprise today - 06/16/2014 12:40 PM

THAT'S AWESOME!! I long for them to come back here, but every tom dick and Harry is getting rid of the field edge cover!

What are warm season grasses? Hay fields here?
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: A suprise today - 06/16/2014 07:15 PM

Big Blue Stem,Little Blue Stem,Side Oats Gramma, Indian Grass, to Name a few They are Clump Grasses they dont form sod type mats Like Blue grass and Fescue and they are growing in June and July and Aug Mine if it were Hay Is not ready to cut yet still a week or so till it Boots when hay fields slow down WGG is going strong
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: A suprise today - 06/17/2014 11:41 AM

I jumped and heard more quail this past turkey season at JP than ever.....one morning there was at least 5 different birds/coveys sounding off in different locations....jumped a covey of 8 walking thru a woods.....nice to see....
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting