Home

bee infestation advice

Posted By: coolbreeze

bee infestation advice - 05/22/2016 09:01 AM

I have a bee infestation problem, they've infested the soffit and facia area of my house. .. I need to get rid of them.. Any help much appreciated. . Thank you in advance! cool
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/22/2016 09:04 AM

Sounds like a job for Bean and Luke...
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/22/2016 09:54 AM

Look up wood bee traps I made one and have caught dozens , to the pint I don't see many now .. Only one trap too
Posted By: B ZEB

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/22/2016 10:37 AM

Bean and Luke will fix you right up
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/22/2016 11:02 AM

Carpenter bees?

Put sevin dust in an empty mustard bottle, squirt into holes they have burrowed.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/22/2016 06:30 PM

get Bean in there!!

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/23/2016 06:22 AM

Thanks fellas...I'm not sure of what kind they are, but some are pretty big possibly nearly an inch long cool
Posted By: Nfalls

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/23/2016 06:56 AM

Do they look like honey bees? If so post and add on craigslist and someone will be there soon to get them for free

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/23/2016 09:42 AM

Make a trap !! Your description in the softer and facia reeks of Wood bees Carpenter bees whatever The traps work From experience They work
Posted By: DRS

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/24/2016 05:01 AM

Originally posted by THROBAK:
Make a trap !! Your description in the softer and facia reeks of Wood bees Carpenter bees whatever The traps work From experience They work
Here's a website that should help control Carpenter Bees:http://www.sharpschapelliving.com/2013/05/16/carpenter-bees-2-sure-fire-solutions-to-the-problem/
I ordered one a couple years ago and it works fairly good. However if you have the necessary tool, anyone could make one themselves.

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/24/2016 09:16 AM

Sevin dust...no construction required wink
Posted By: Moose1am

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/24/2016 01:07 PM

I have either carpenter bees or bumble bees flying around my wooden deck on the back of my house at the back door. The deck ins 12'x 20' and sits about 1 to 2 ft off the ground. I think that the bees are coming from under the deck wood. The deck is made out of 2x4 wood boards nailed to the floor joists. I'm wondering if they are tunneling into the bottom of the deck boards where it's protected from the elements. I see them landing on the deck and then crawling though the openings between the boards and disappearing under the deck boards. I sit out on the deck and they don't bother me and I don't bother them as long as they don't get too close to me.

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/24/2016 01:50 PM

They don't sting. Harmless. Just hover and intimidate. They burrow into wood, lay their eggs. The males are what you see hovering and " guarding"
Posted By: BowBo

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/24/2016 02:24 PM

Put Dawn and water in a spray bottle, or in a sprayer.... kills them instantly... even knocks them out of the air!!!
TRUST ME!

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/24/2016 11:55 PM

Dawn is good for flea shampoo too

Re: bee infestation advice - 05/25/2016 05:46 AM

Originally posted by trapperDave:
Dawn is good for flea shampoo too
Also using a solution of:

1. First add an oz. of Borax to one oz. of White Distilled Vinegar.

2. Add one tablespoon of "Finish" rinse-aid.

3. Add the above ingredients to one gallon of Distilled Water.

This should rid Carpenter bees, plus makes a good cleaner for glass, floors, and general cleaning in the home. Also effective on Asian Beatles (Lady Bugs).
Posted By: bean

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/02/2016 03:45 PM

Get them taken care of? I take it they were not honeybees?

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/03/2016 06:00 AM

In my case they ended up being carpenter bees,a whole lot of them. It took two trips from Arrow Pest control, but I think they are gone for now.. Arrow has a 1 year guarantee. cool
Posted By: HS Strut

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/03/2016 08:26 AM

I can confirm that Dawn and water does indeed kill wood boring bees instantly...They love my wooden deck, but now theres about 10 dead ones laying near it.

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/04/2016 04:53 AM

I sometimes used a fly swatter to kill a few, while they hover near me. Great sport & tests your aim!
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/04/2016 05:42 PM

Got nailed on the left ring finger by a hornet Thursday afternoon. I now officially hate bees... mad

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/05/2016 05:34 AM

Originally posted by Weedhopper:
Got nailed on the left ring finger by a hornet Thursday afternoon. I now officially hate bees... mad
I hate it when I run over a nest of yellow jackets while mowing!!
Posted By: Yaz

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/06/2016 11:22 AM

Originally posted by DRS:
I sometimes used a fly swatter to kill a few, while they hover near me. Great sport & tests your aim!
They make a funny little "doink" when you swat em with a badminton racket!!!! Like you said……great sport!!! laugh

Re: bee infestation advice - 06/07/2016 07:20 AM

I used to do that with Bumble Bees To step it up a bit Yaz
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting