Home

Apps

Posted By: bean

Apps - 03/19/2014 09:52 PM

Entering the 21st century and got an iphone today. For those that have smart phones - what are some good huntin/fishin apps?
Posted By: delaney

Re: Apps - 03/19/2014 10:23 PM

Your now totally connected. I don't have any hunting or fishing apps though.
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: Apps - 03/19/2014 10:36 PM

Scoutlook......its for deer hunting.......good app.......your life is about to change wink
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Apps - 03/19/2014 10:46 PM

DNR Mobile Applications

http://www.in.gov/dnr/6406.htm
Posted By: RedLab

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 01:09 AM

HuntGeek Shooting hours

GoogleEarth
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 12:28 PM

you need these 3

1.)Google earth
2.)Indiana DNR app
3.)weather channel for sunrise, sunset times

I tried some others and deleted them. I found they took away from the outdoor experience rather than enhanced it

the built in compass is very nice also
Posted By: Goosepond_Monster

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 02:09 PM

I would suggest Weather Underground over the Weather Channel.

I believe it costs a couple bucks, but I like the iSolunar application. It gives you sunrise and sunset as well as the major/minor times for game movement on each day.

You won't need it for a while, but Field & Stream has a Rut Reporters application that is a good tool to have.

Someone mentioned Scoutlook, there is a hunting/weather application and a Deer Log application. I'd go for the Deer Log.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 03:51 PM

Scoutlook
ActInNature
Compass
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 04:17 PM

Trimble outdoors for the topo/gps features.
Scoutlook and intellicast are the ones I use the most.
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 04:21 PM

Forgot about Hunt predictor. It is somewhat useful.

Re: Apps - 03/20/2014 10:28 PM

Thanks guys. I have used Scoutlook on my pc and use it daily when season is in. Really like it. Will look at the others as well.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Apps - 03/23/2014 10:30 AM

What kind of app, or access to information, do guys wish they had while hunting or fishing that isn't available today, if anything. I always look around and think that there is more "stuff" then anyone could ever need but then I find myself saying "I wish I had this or that". Probably nothing, but my wife and I had this discussion this morning that promoted me to ask.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Apps - 03/25/2014 02:52 PM

One that shows where all the critters are hiding smile

Re: Apps - 03/26/2014 04:11 PM

Originally posted by delaney:
What kind of app, or access to information, do guys wish they had while hunting or fishing that isn't available today, if anything. I always look around and think that there is more "stuff" then anyone could ever need but then I find myself saying "I wish I had this or that". Probably nothing, but my wife and I had this discussion this morning that promoted me to ask.
I use Scoutlook on my pc everyday during hunting season. It has all my stand locations and gives me up to date wind direction. All I really ever use.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Apps - 03/26/2014 04:33 PM

I gave it a try. I now user it and delted weather channel. thanks for the tip!!

Originally posted by Goosepond_Monster:
I would suggest Weather Underground over the Weather Channel.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting