Home

Gun Ban Pointless

Posted By: randy_weiland

Gun Ban Pointless - 09/12/2013 09:03 PM

I mean the Idea is obsolete at this point. Do you know why there isn't a law against horse sh*t in the street? Cause nobody rides horses. A law banning guns would be as worthless as a law banning horse sh*t at this point. Why ban guns when a box of 20ga. 6 shot is $18.00!!! What's worse...the rumors I heard about .22 rounds are true....There ain't none.
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/12/2013 09:15 PM

That is why I began coin collecting as a new hobby because I got completely priced out of guns and ammo.... Obama didn't need to ban guns... All he had to do was utter "gun control" and the masses ran to every store they could find and buy up every bit ammo on the shelves...

Never thought I would see the day when ammo was treated like gold.... That is why I don't target shoot anymore because I can't afford it. frown
Posted By: delaney

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/12/2013 09:27 PM

It is ridiculous. The day will come though when they'll be ammo at every yard sale and it will be cheap.
Posted By: Shelby County Hunter

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/13/2013 08:29 AM

I have always keep a healthy supply of ammo on hand for every weapon I own, so the ban didn't affect me that much. A weapon is useless if you don't have ammo for it. I just like to be prepared.
Posted By: SHINGLE MONKEY

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/13/2013 09:20 PM

.22 ammo can be found again at retail prices.
Posted By: Hunt N Nut

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/13/2013 10:46 PM

There's a popular gun store 30 miles north of me. If you talk to their loyal customers, you would believe they quit producing .22 ammo.

There's another about the same distance south of me who post on Facebook almost daily. They receive a pallet or so of .22 ammo every week and it is pretty reasonable. Of course, they have ammo for just about anything.
Posted By: jkd

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/14/2013 12:53 AM

Got to talk to your local shop and find out when they get deliveries in during the week. In Kokomo, Bullseye usually gets stuff in Tuesday or Wednesday mornings, so if you get there early afternoon on delivery day, plenty of ammo available. You wait until late Saturday afternoon, not so much... CheaperThanDirt and similar catalog places are getting ammo. Prices are definitely still too high.
Posted By: jjas

Re: Gun Ban Pointless - 09/14/2013 08:45 AM

I've been able to find quite a bit of .22 ammo @ Dicks and BassPro recently and @ prices that aren't too bad.

My lgs seems to be hit and miss still and when they do get it people are buying as much as they will sell to them (at 2 to 3 times what it cost a year ago).

I haven't seen handgun ammo or .22s in the local Walmarts and Meijers for months and months.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting