Home

It's BERRY TIME!!

Posted By: BowBo

It's BERRY TIME!! - 06/30/2013 01:07 PM

Picked our first batch of black raspberries yesterday.... about 3 quarts. They are just starting to ripen!

The "Blackberries" are still in the early green stages yet, but are coming on stronger than the raspberries are this year!

Last couple years hasn't yielded very well, but this year looks like a bumper crop!!

Jelly and cobblers on the way baby!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hanes

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 06/30/2013 01:53 PM

Thanks for the notice! Ill be joining you in the purple finger brigade this week.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 06/30/2013 03:19 PM

Yep, ben keeping an on on my patches, just waiting on most of them to ripen. It should be close, however, looks like rain again this afternoon!

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/01/2013 09:27 PM

Thanks for the inspiration Bo! Walked out behind the house, and picked a gallon before supper tonight. Ate supper and went back out and picked almost another gallon, before the rain ran me out. You are right....there a a LOT of berries this year. Even though it appears the drought last year killed off a lot of plants, the ones this year are really producing! Purple hand syndrome here too! laugh

[ [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/01/2013 09:40 PM

Looking good guys!
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/02/2013 05:52 AM

Nothing better than a home made raspberry pie! Ive got plenty of berry bushes and need to get picking. I prefer red raspberries but either art tasty. Black berries are my least favorite. h.h.

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/02/2013 10:11 AM

IMO raspberries are for eating as is. Blackberries are for making jams, and jelly.

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 10:49 AM

Been like an old bear fattening up for the winter!!! Man, this stuff is goooooooood!!! My favorite, raspberry pie in an iron skillet!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wtlhaven

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 11:36 AM

Goin out after some over the next few days. Thinking they'll go great with a big bowl of homemade ice cream. I'll let you know how that goes Yaz... :p laugh

Oh and Weedy before you even comment.... SHUDDUP!!!... laugh
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 11:59 AM

Them pie pieces look cut a mite large......someones going to get shorted on the other side. lol.....looks yummy indeed. h.h.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 04:33 PM

I wasn't gonna say a word, Slim! smile

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 09:47 PM

laugh laugh
Posted By: psearchery

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 09:54 PM

anybody know where a guy could get some around bartholomew county. wouldnt mind havibg some myself.
Posted By: Hanes

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 10:24 PM

Went to Atterbury this evening and brought some home for pies. PSE, there are berries off the edge of the dove fields. I was surprised at how much of the property is planted.
Posted By: psearchery

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/03/2013 10:36 PM

thanks will have to go looking over the weekend. sad thing is i live in the country and noone around me has them.
Posted By: BowBo

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/04/2013 10:40 AM

Self planted, home grown Blackberries!

Wife's hand for size relation...

Taken with my cell phone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: delaney

Re: It's BERRY TIME!! - 07/04/2013 11:14 AM

Saw a few blackberries yesterday that were ripening. You're certainly going to have a nice harvest .
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting