Home

Groundhog Day (Spring)

Posted By: HatchetJack

Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 01:39 PM

Looks like Phil may have been right. Yesterday a friend in the Audobon Society saw a woodcock and right now (1:38 PM) I can hear several sandhill cranes flying overhead near Eagle Creek Reservoir.

Jack
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 03:37 PM

Any one heard them penting yet??/
Posted By: gundude

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 03:45 PM

I saw sandhills all week!
Posted By: gundude

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 03:46 PM

Posted By: Yaz

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 07:25 PM

Originally posted by gundude:
I think they are all screwed up........I've been seeing them almost once a week since late November. Some going South, some going North.... They don't know if they are coming or going!!!

Been watching a pair of Redtails building a nest the last couple weeks too. If it wasn't such a drive back there every day, it would have been interesting to take a picture every day of their progress. The nest is probably 3' across now.
Posted By: Hoosier Hunter

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 07:57 PM

And last year that crazy rodent said 6 more weeks of Winter and we had the warmest spring ever! LOL
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 08:50 PM

Originally posted by Hoosier Hunter:
And last year that crazy rodent said 6 more weeks of Winter and we had the warmest spring ever! LOL
All the long term forecasts, as well as the old timers say we are in for another long, dry, hot, summer. Not good at all if thats the case. I believe the "old timers" over the forecasters!
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Groundhog Day (Spring) - 02/18/2013 09:04 PM

I seen about 30 sandhills lift off a pond in mooresville saturday while yote hunting. They were headed back south!!!!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting