Home

Your Thoughts On This

Posted By: Bryan78

Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 07:23 PM

What do you guys think?..... Me I think it is rather silly to go after them if they had been trying to find a place for it....

http://www.wthr.com/story/20711538/...-his-wife-face-charges-for-saving-a-deer
Posted By: delaney

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 07:25 PM

I think they should be fined, a significant fine, but I'm not supportive of jail time for a first offense of this nature.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 07:26 PM

This is ridiculous...
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Weedhopper:
This is ridiculous...
+1. They done the right thing, just went about it the wrong way. The deer has been turned loose. Just let them be!!!
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 08:08 PM

+2....
Posted By: WNM55

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 08:51 PM

Sure lets ruin the career of a 14 year veteran of the police force for a true act of compassion and conservation.
We are going to **** in a hand basket!!!
Posted By: bean

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 09:29 PM

Originally posted by WNM55:
Sure lets ruin the career of a 14 year veteran of the police force for a true act of compassion and conservation.
We are going to **** in a hand basket!!!
I agree.

"Last July though, the Councellers said they got a visit from an officer with the Department of Natural Resources.

"He asked me if we still had the deer and I told him I did," recalled Jennifer.

"He told me that I could maybe call Indianapolis and maybe get a rescue permit until you know, we could get her released back into the wild. So that's what I tried to do," Jennifer continued."

Why didn't they get a citation then? This is stupid and DNR should be ashamed on how it was handled. Jail time??? Are you kiddin me???
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/27/2013 10:00 PM

I'm very suspicious that they had the deer for 2 years before it "escaped". Give them a citation and move on. There are specific rules for rehabbing wildlife at 312 IAC 9-10-9. Follow the rules law enforcement or not. if you disagree with the law then get it changed.

Jack
Posted By: johnc911

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/29/2013 07:43 AM

Rehab,nice people,police officer or whatever. They broke the law and should be punished rules are rules. We all know what can happen with penned deer.
Posted By: ferb55

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/29/2013 09:38 AM

Well lets see...

Brent Musberger calls a beauty pageant winner..Pretty...and has to apologize.

Phil Mickelson complains that taxes in California may force him to move. Has to apologize.

A well meaning couple SAVE a deers life and are now being prosecuted.

FREAKING LUDICROUS.

I thought our DNR officers were under staffed and over worked? (which I believe they are). And this is the stuff we have them pursuing. Not to mention the cost involved with the prosecution and investigation.

Lets find someone fishing without a license...flog him/her in the public square and call it even.

I am moving to the woods of Montana where this silliness doesnt happen.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/29/2013 10:36 AM

But yet the deer pimps can haul in DISEASED deer, and let them escape......at WHO's cost??? Are they being prosecuted?? :rolleyes: There's something just not right with this. Make 'em pay the fine for not getting the permit(TAX)and LET IT GO!

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/29/2013 10:40 AM

Yep...
Posted By: SHINGLE MONKEY

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/29/2013 02:24 PM

Hes a police officer that knew he was breaking the law. That in itself tells a lot about his character.

These people should be held to the highest standard.

Re: Your Thoughts On This - 01/29/2013 02:43 PM

IDNR should have handled it properly upon the first contact.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting