Home

Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels

Posted By: Hanes

Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 10:38 AM

Had an interesting situation arise. I booked hotel reservations at a Hampton Inn for an upcoming hunting trip. I told them at the time of making the reservations that I would be bringing cased shotguns into the hotel because their parking lot was not secure. Well today, I get a call from the hotel saying they have a policy of no firearms in the hotel. Now mind you, the manager doesn't have enough professionalism to call me himself but makes a reservation clerk do it. So, I end up calling Hilton corporate offices and pretty much was left with a "so what" attitude. When I asked to make sure that they had canceled my reservations, they say no. They said that was my responsibility even though they took my reservation under full disclosure that I would be bringing the shotguns into the hotel overnight. In essence, they still wanted my money and expected me to figure out what I'd do with the firearms. Of course I canceled and assured them that the next ice age would come before I stayed in any Hilton owned chain of hotels. I did ask for a copy of their written policy which they supposed don't have one. Their policy is their policy, but it was the most ridiculous, poorest customer service I've had in a long time from a hotel chain.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 10:49 AM

I would make sure you post this on EVERY hunting site you are associated with! Let me guess.....East Coast???? :rolleyes:
Posted By: SHINGLE MONKEY

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 10:59 AM

I just wheel them beotches right through the lobby to my room on their cart.

Sometimes theres 12 to 15 machine guns on the cart.
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 11:14 AM

Originally posted by SHINGLE MONKEY:
I just wheel them beotches right through the lobby to my room on their cart.

Sometimes theres 12 to 15 machine guns on the cart.
+1

Dave go to NRA site and search "NRA Affiliate Discounts" your find hotels there!!!
Posted By: gundude

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 12:03 PM

Dont ask dont tell.. ...
Posted By: Hanes

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 12:14 PM

Yep, east coast Bsltimore area.
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 04:33 PM

Originally posted by gundude:
Dont ask dont tell.. ...
+1

Do what Gundude said....DON'T tell them what you got... Go in and go straight to your room... If they give you any grief, just ask for your money back and leave... There is always somebody willing to take your money and that will do business with you.

My buddy went on a hunting trip and both us walked right through the lobby each with a 12 gauge strapped to our shoulder and not one person said a word.
Posted By: Hoosier Hunter

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 06:27 PM

Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permisson.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 08:39 PM

I understand where you guys are coming from but on the other hand, I'm not sneaking around hiding by firearms. Also, how else can I find out what establishments support firearm ownership. I told me wife to never book me into a Hilton corporate hotel again, or its affiliates.
Posted By: gundude

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 10:08 PM

Dave when you get bored call me and ill give you my personal 411 on such matters .. lol

Btw.. your taking a stance of a stuanch. Right wing conservative ... good for you!.lol

I do have some info for you .. and it was good to see the two of the other night.. what are the chances...

P.s. fresh caught red ears trump bone fish grill every time!
Posted By: SHINGLE MONKEY

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 10:12 PM

Originally posted by delaney:
I understand where you guys are coming from but on the other hand, I'm not sneaking around hiding by firearms. Also, how else can I find out what establishments support firearm ownership. I told me wife to never book me into a Hilton corporate hotel again, or its affiliates.
Thats cool, but I dont sneak around hiding anything. I also do not call every place I go and ask for permission to do something thats legal.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Hilton Inn, Hampton and their associated hotels - 01/07/2013 10:29 PM

Shingle, I do understand your point.

Keith, I'll try to give you a call tomorrow evening. Yes, it was good to see you and your wife as well and fresh redears or gills top everything.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting