Anyone,try these? - 12/18/2015 06:43 PM

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/muzzleloading.aspx
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Anyone,try these? - 12/18/2015 09:01 PM

I try to keep it simple. In other words..."no". wink cool
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Anyone,try these? - 12/18/2015 09:14 PM

they are $1.67/ea vs $0.75/ea for Hornady SST

the reviews I have seen are not great either. They look a lot like powerbelts IMO.

Looking at them earlier this season, I don't see anything unique or new to justify the huge increase in cost over the high speed low drag SSTs which are excellent on game.

Am I missing something??
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Anyone,try these? - 12/18/2015 09:21 PM

Just another gimmick.
Posted By: Double B

Re: Anyone,try these? - 12/19/2015 07:13 AM

I usually like Federal products. It has to be better than a powerbelt. What I try to do is buy the latest greatest stuff from a few years ago, on clearance, and then try it out. In a few years I'll let ya know how they shoot.
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Anyone,try these? - 12/19/2015 07:36 AM

I'm kind Leery of skived bullets
Posted By: Double B

Re: Anyone,try these? - 12/19/2015 10:25 AM

Agree some are junk, but Barnes are skived copper and they are the best out there in my opinion. They weigh the same on recovery w near perfect expansion. Only bullets I pay $1 a shot, because I'm cheap. In fact the last 24 pack of 250mz's I found in a bargain cave of a Cabelas for $15 because they had been opened and taped up. Still got 7 left after several seasons. Now I just shoot unlubed 250 gr cast bullets in MMP sabots to shoot paper and adjust sighting. A Barnes for good measure and the next one gets shot at deer. If these Federals open up and don't fly apart like the old copper solids, they could be good too. Salty though, as 76 points out.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting