Home

Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances

Posted By: BREW...

Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/20/2016 07:08 PM

Indiana lawmakers are poised to add bighorn sheep and exotic mountain goats to the kinds of animals the state sanctions to be shot by hunters in high-fence enclosures not regulated by the Department of Natural Resources.
Senate Bill 109 passed second reading Tuesday in the Senate, but not before unsuccessful attempts by Democrats to amend legislation they argued would expand an unsporting and controversial practice.

http://www.theindianalawyer.com/bil...ng-targets-advances/PARAMS/article/39266
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/20/2016 07:21 PM

Smh

Saddest part... These places wouldn't exist without a large number of wannabe "hunters" willing to pay to kill a pet
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/20/2016 10:39 PM

Like going to a Paylake and saying you a fisherman Amit right is it. ??
Posted By: ferb55

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/22/2016 02:28 PM

How can I attend the next vote or committee. I would like to begin learning the process, but I can't seem to find a calendar or schedule that lists when the next action on this bill will occur.
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/22/2016 02:49 PM

SB109 has passed the Senate. It will appear once more in the House Natural Resources Committee in February when bills switch houses. It will show up in their meeting schedule here:

http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/committees/natural_resources_1400

I try and put up notifications as I am made aware of them. Their meetings are usually on Monday or Tuesday mornings. This particular bill likely will sail through as they have stacked the committee in favor of it.

Jack
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/22/2016 04:00 PM

I wish I could print what these high fence clowns can do to their "sheep" .... ;0)
Posted By: Double B

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/22/2016 09:03 PM

Where men are men......and sheep are nervous.
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: Bill adding goats, sheep as fenced-hunting targets advances - 01/24/2016 09:31 PM

Just shows how stupid this whole issue has become with a Republican led government, and I have voted these stooges into power!

I'm done with politics as they are today. Let the Republicans run with this new "business venture" we can hold them responsible later.

Now to the IDNR........... you had it under control........ LMAO!.............. Right.........
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting