Home

Ice Fishing

Posted By: hornharvester

Ice Fishing - 01/05/2018 06:05 PM

Went Wed all day on Pretty Lake and caught 1 nice crappie. Fish would look but no takers. I change lures and baits all day trying to get them to bite but no luck. I had 2 tip ups out all day with no takers. Nice thing is I will be back at it come Monday. Anyone else fishing hard water this year? h.h.
Posted By: bean

Re: Ice Fishing - 01/05/2018 11:57 PM

Originally posted by hornharvester:
Went Wed all day on Pretty Lake and caught 1 nice crappie. Fish would look but no takers. I change lures and baits all day trying to get them to bite but no luck. I had 2 tip ups out all day with no takers. Nice thing is I will be back at it come Monday. Anyone else fishing hard water this year? h.h.
I used to fish Pretty Lake all the time when I lived up there. Caught a ton on wigglers back then. I loved that lake.

Re: Ice Fishing - 01/07/2018 11:28 AM

Went walleye fishing on Maxi last night, rode my 4wheeler out 1/2 mile or so. Fished till midnight and only managed to catch one walleye. A few lookers but not many takers last night but it was still a great time. h.h.
Posted By: deerhunter986

Re: Ice Fishing - 01/08/2018 01:15 PM

Had a plan to go but had a death in the family and couldn't make it out. Warm weather and the rain we got will ruin the ice for sure now

Re: Ice Fishing - 01/08/2018 01:52 PM

Ice is good hard ice and this weather wont take much off, it will melt surface ice/snow and refreeze it at night. Good fishing is now and will be good for a while. If you have doubts of the ice your on use a spud bar as you walk out. I heading out now for another night of walleye fishing. h.h.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting