Home

DP

Posted By: bean

DP - 02/24/2016 03:39 PM

Walleye run soon?
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 04:43 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......not soon enough man......Ive been working out with the Wifey @ the YMCA just to stay sane until the eyes start running......I'm hoping by mid-march the bite is good enough to start spring fishing:)

All my stuff is ready to go......just need the water temps to start climbing......you hear 40 degrees is a good starting point to go after walleyes running in the rivers;)

On a side note......my personal fishing objective this year is to catch a hybrid striper over 15+lbs......but a 15+lb. Walleye would be just fine too eek eek eek

I'll send ya pics to keep ya updated and let me know if ya wanna go;)
Posted By: BowBo

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 05:53 PM

Wish I were closer to ya DP!
And please keep texting me the pics bro! wink
Posted By: HS Strut

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 06:18 PM

I'm ready! It won't be long

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 06:44 PM

Originally posted by BowBo:
Wish I were closer to ya DP!
And please keep texting me the pics bro! wink
Will do:) bowbro cool
Posted By: BowBo

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 06:55 PM

bowbro cool
I like it! laugh

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 07:21 PM

I am going to make time this year. Need to do the run. We are ready as well.

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 07:24 PM

Originally posted by bean:
I am going to make time this year. Need to do the run. We are ready as well.
Good deal!

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 07:33 PM

What rigs do you use again?

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 08:08 PM

To minimize retying and for feeling bites better......I run suffix 832 braid 6lb diam/20 lb test to a trolling sinker or you can do a Carolina rig with a egg sinker at the top.....3/8 up to an ounce depending on current flows and I run a 3 to 4 ft mono leader 10 lb test to a floating jig head with a twister:) I use both medium and medium light rods depending on the current too:)

Re: DP - 02/24/2016 09:33 PM

What size and color of twister? Making a bass pro run.

Re: DP - 02/25/2016 06:45 AM

I actually use bass pro twisters.....my main go to is 3" white and I use a medium size orange floating jig head:)

Re: DP - 03/01/2016 12:21 PM

Originally posted by DawnPatrol:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......not soon enough man......Ive been working out with the Wifey @ the YMCA just to stay sane until the eyes start running......I'm hoping by mid-march the bite is good enough to start spring fishing:)

On a side note......my personal fishing objective this year is to catch a hybrid striper over 15+lbs......but a 15+lb. Walleye would be just fine too eek eek eek

With this warmer winter and temps coming up, the eyes just may be early you think? Any websites that I can watch that has updates for the river.

I plan on going so count on a tag along at some point. I have all my stuff ordered.
Posted By: garman6

Re: DP - 03/01/2016 12:39 PM

This all sounds fun I have the itch now after yesterday.

Re: DP - 03/01/2016 02:33 PM

[b] Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......not soon enough man......Ive been working out with the Wifey @ the YMCA just to stay sane until the eyes start running......I'm hoping by mid-march the bite is good enough to start spring fishing:)

With this warmer winter and temps coming up, the eyes just may be early you think? Any websites that I can watch that has updates for the river.

I plan on going so count on a tag along at some point. I have all my stuff ordered. [/b]
Maumeetackle.net has a daily fishing report.......scroll to the bottom of there home page......it says River Reports..... and on Facebook there is a page called Maumee River Walleye Run with fisherman talking about the run;)

Re: DP - 03/01/2016 03:15 PM

[b]
[b] Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......not soon enough man......Ive been working out with the Wifey @ the YMCA just to stay sane until the eyes start running......I'm hoping by mid-march the bite is good enough to start spring fishing:)

I plan on going so count on a tag along at some point. I have all my stuff ordered. [/b]
Maumeetackle.net has a daily fishing report.......scroll to the bottom of there home page......it says River Reports..... and on Facebook there is a page called Maumee River Walleye Run with fisherman talking about the run;) [/b]
TY
Posted By: HS Strut

Re: DP - 03/05/2016 06:32 PM

Caught a 15" walleye today...River was a little swift...

Re: DP - 03/05/2016 07:46 PM

Sweet!!! Congrats......I've seen some reports that will put me in the river jigging some shiners on Monday:). Thanks for the report!!!!! Or maybe I'll just break out the golf clubs!!!! Nice weather = difficult decisions:)
Posted By: Yaz

Re: DP - 03/05/2016 09:46 PM

Sweet!!! Congrats......I've seen some reports that will put me in the river jigging some shiners on Monday:). Thanks for the report!!!!! Or maybe I'll just break out the golf clubs!!!! Nice weather = difficult decisions:)
How do you fillet and prepare a "golf"??? Never clubbed one myself?? How they taste??? laugh laugh

Re: DP - 03/05/2016 10:13 PM

Some great fishing at golf courses. I have been kicked off 2 that I remember for using my fly rod while waiting to hit. These were in KY and they shoulda known better.

Re: DP - 03/06/2016 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Yaz:
[b] Sweet!!! Congrats......I've seen some reports that will put me in the river jigging some shiners on Monday:). Thanks for the report!!!!! Or maybe I'll just break out the golf clubs!!!! Nice weather = difficult decisions:)
How do you fillet and prepare a "golf"??? Never clubbed one myself?? How they taste??? laugh laugh [/b]
LOL laugh

Re: DP - 03/06/2016 01:52 AM

[b]
[b] Sweet!!! Congrats......I've seen some reports that will put me in the river jigging some shiners on Monday:). Thanks for the report!!!!! Or maybe I'll just break out the golf clubs!!!! Nice weather = difficult decisions:)
How do you fillet and prepare a "golf"??? Never clubbed one myself?? How they taste??? laugh laugh [/b]
LOL laugh [/b]
Yaz.....you know......after reading your kind post 1st in trapping wink I knew I left myself open on this post laugh Dirtbag cool

Re: DP - 03/06/2016 08:00 PM

[b]
[b]
quote:
LOL laugh [/b]
Yaz.....you know......after reading your kind post 1st in trapping wink I knew I left myself open on this post laugh Dirtbag cool
BTW......I've decided to fish @ daybreak tomorrow.......yazel
Posted By: Yaz

Re: DP - 03/07/2016 08:56 AM

Good Luck DP!!!! Hope you catch a big one! cool laugh
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting