Home

CWD kills 19% Of Wyomings deer herd anually

Posted By: DNA

CWD kills 19% Of Wyomings deer herd anually - 12/15/2015 02:09 PM

Study tells the tale of effects of CWD

http://www.wyofile.com/study-chronic-wasting-disease-kills-19-deer-annually/

Do we really want to legalize canned hunting which could help spread it to our state through the movement of deer into these confines.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: CWD kills 19% Of Wyomings deer herd anually - 12/15/2015 07:11 PM

How did it spread in Wyoming?
Posted By: Stinger

Re: CWD kills 19% Of Wyomings deer herd anually - 12/16/2015 10:25 AM

It seems baiting is one of the main determinants of the spreading of CWD. In Wisconsin, the problem was horrendous (as we all know) just 10 years ago, it has spread to Illinois, but not as fast as it did in Southern Wisconsin.

I found this info on baiting in Wyoming: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH63

It seems its legal on private land - the map illustrated in the link above tells me that it is contained in the areas that it exists - meaning, I bet there is alot of baiting there, but not in surrounding areas.

Normal spreading would not be an enclave in one part of the state and then another enclave in another area 4 counties away.., it would be existent in one, less existent in the surrounding area and more sparce the further you move out.. In Wyoming's case - it is totally contained in one section - then in another section - and not much if any in between.

Transference by saliva is the main reason - salt licks and the like...

Sad!
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: CWD kills 19% Of Wyomings deer herd anually - 12/16/2015 03:51 PM

You think their could be a deer farm connection that seems to be the link here in the east
Posted By: Stinger

Re: CWD kills 19% Of Wyomings deer herd anually - 12/16/2015 06:09 PM

Or friendly neighbors that think its cool to feed deer so they can "see them."

I'm quite sure this is the case, the more I look at the way it spreads, the more I'm convinced.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting