Home

Weather over the next week

Posted By: TerminalLance

Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 01:04 AM

The next few days before firearms opens up seems like it's going to be a bit windy and a little warm considering the time of year. What are everyone's predictions for this week? And when does everyone plan to hunt? Morning evening? Stay out of the wind or go out? Thinking about hanging some scented cloths. Opinions? Hunting the Winamac area.
Posted By: Ken Bacon

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 05:38 AM

Can't kill deer from the couch... it's time to be in the woods!!!
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 05:56 AM

What cuz said

Bucks are moving come **** or high water right now. All rules for deer behavior go out the window this time of year. Sex on the brain, they're feeling no pain.
Posted By: John Scifres

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 07:11 AM

Saddles or other pinch points between bedding areas. All day long. Hang that scent somewhere you can shoot to as a way to stop the horny little buggers. Wind isn't supposed to be too bad down south where I am hunting. Stay up high or out of the creek bottoms in flatland and it seems like it should be fairly predictable. Plus with 100 yard weapon, it doesn't matter quite as much as with a bow.
Posted By: scrobertson

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 07:12 AM

High wind and wet ground is a good oppertunity to put the mohican sneakin on deer smile
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 08:57 AM

Killed my biggest buck and doe on opening day a few years back when it was 60 degrees and windy than all get out...

Deer gotta eat and the need to breed will will take over regardless of temps and wind... Other than the wind, the temps will be perfect this weekend...
Posted By: Stinger

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 12:28 PM

Happy Veterans Day to all of you, even Navy Guys.

I plan on hunting hard for 2 days.. all day in the woods. Will have my Code Blue and Tinks 69 brewing in hot water and my eyes & ears keenly aware.

Wind: Might be a lot, but likely not much in the woods. Up to 20 MPH isn't too bad if you're more than 100 yards in, just enough to carry that fresh scent of "love" through the air.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 02:10 PM

Yes!!

Killed several deer on warm windy days during gun season. Still hunting is effective with the rut rocking, a 100+ yd weapon, and the wind in your face

Originally posted by Ken Bacon:
Can't kill deer from the couch... it's time to be in the woods!!!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 07:24 PM

Calling for 60MPH GUSTS tomorrow here in middle In..... think I'm taking the evening hunt off after work!!! laugh
Posted By: garman6

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 07:57 PM

They were on their feet tonight! Passed up 3 different bucks just cruising.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Weather over the next week - 11/11/2015 08:45 PM

won't catch me in a tree in those winds. I have a stand in a small walnut tree overlooking a thicket. Would not be safe in those winds....
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting